Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 3, 2018 at 7:15 am #2698105

marcosM-11

I am trying to:
Hi, I tried to change the prefix of the WP database, but due to an error in the process, all tables were duplicated. In the case of wpml tables (I suppose they are the tables that start with icl_ I have two versions of each table (see attached image). This is an example:

wp_icl_string_pages
Dai7cId_icl_string_pages

I think that the second version is the one that is working now. I would need to be sure of this, to delete the first version, and after that rename all the tables, because all the other tables in the WP start with wp_

I mean, I need that all the wpml tables start with wp_ to be the same as the other tables...

can you help me please?
thanks

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-03 a las 9.08.24.png
September 3, 2018 at 6:32 pm #2700761

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

correct, the WPML database tables are going to be all the tables with the _icl_ within them.

as this does not seem to be a bug within WPML i am not sure how we can proceed here , but i can recommend using the plugin "duplicator" or any other backup method before removing any of the database tables.

i believe it would be best to create a backup and then contact your hosting provider to make sure your WP site is using the DB tables you would want it to use with the correct prefix.

The topic ‘[Closed] database prefix’ is closed to new replies.