Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 15, 2020 at 10:38 am #6601819

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. This issue is forwarded to our developers and our developers are currently working on it. We will get back to you soon when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait. Thank you for your patience.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 20, 2020 at 5:05 am #7052955

francescoL-19

Hello Bigul...

it's two months that I'm waiting... do you have some news?

September 21, 2020 at 7:02 am #7056157

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, our developers are still working on this bug. It is taking time because of the major changes to resolve this issue. So as of now, we don't have an exact release date for this fix. We will update you on the status soon when we have feedback from our developers on this. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please wait

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 24, 2020 at 7:42 pm #7300427

saschaG-11

still open? We have some issue and many other user talking about that bug in other topics here and on wpml facebook groups and wordpress groups. 3 months for bug fixing?! 🙁

December 29, 2020 at 12:54 am #7744717

francescoL-19

Hello Bigul,

do you have some news?!

January 1, 2021 at 6:16 am #7762101

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Our developers are still working on this bug. As of now, we don't have an exact date for the fix release of this bug because of the major changes. We will get back to you as soon as possible when we have an update from our developers on this. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 1, 2021 at 4:12 pm #7763609

francescoL-19

After six month? Bigul? Are you serious?

Again I saw my wp_icl_translate too big (39MB)
So, I deleted the biggest translated page, re-translate as before and.. boom! 29MB!

This bug is not a minor bug... I don't know why WPML makes the wp_icl_translate so big!
Please, resolve this problem.
thank you.

January 4, 2021 at 12:01 pm #7772581

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry. I will consult with our developers and get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 7, 2021 at 12:38 pm #7793391

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We have a workaround for this case. But we have to clean the database manually. Here's an approximate guide of how it can be done. Important: Make a full site backup before doing anything!

Need to look in 2 tables: wp_icl_translate_job and wp_icl_translate.

If you take the page Home for example, then in table wp_icl_translate_job there are a number (X) of rows for it:

SELECT * FROM `wp_icl_translate_job` WHERE `title` LIKE 'Home' ORDER BY `wp_icl_translate_job`.`job_id` DESC

We only need to keep the very last translation job, with the largest values of job_id column (e.g. 797). So it needs to be excluded from the query, so we get (X - 1) rows:

SELECT * FROM `wp_icl_translate_job` 
WHERE `title` LIKE 'Home' 
AND `job_id` != (SELECT MAX(job_id) FROM `wp_icl_translate_job` WHERE `title` LIKE 'Home') 
ORDER BY `wp_icl_translate_job`.`job_id` DESC

All these rows could be deleted AFTER the related rows will be deleted from wp_icl_translate table (below).

To select the related rows from wp_icl_translate, we give the list of job_id from our previous query using keyword IN:

SELECT * FROM `wp_icl_translate` WHERE `job_id` IN (SELECT `job_id` FROM `wp_icl_translate_job` 
WHERE `title` LIKE 'Home' 
AND `job_id` != (SELECT MAX(job_id) FROM `wp_icl_translate_job` WHERE `title` LIKE 'Home') 
ORDER BY `wp_icl_translate_job`.`job_id` DESC)

This query can generate results of thousands of rows - if you multiply it by the number of pages that need cleaning up, it is evident that the table will become much lighter after you're done.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 7, 2021 at 4:23 pm #7795833

francescoL-19

Hello Bigul,

that looks nice but, as newbit, it's too complicated to me and I'm worried to break something. Do you think WPML will add some "clean up" feature in future?

Thank you

January 8, 2021 at 9:40 am #7799689

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Our developers trying hard to improve it and in the future, you can expect more features related to clean up and fast performance. But we don't have the exact time frame for it because of the major & complex changes.

We will get back to you as soon when we have an update from our developers on this. Kindly wait. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.