Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 23, 2021 at 3:42 pm #9444085

Raphael Cavalieri

I am currently experiencing a problem with database queries that come from WPML. these take a long time to run which slows down the site enormously.

I have already been provided with several documentation on the optimization of the site but not successful.

August 23, 2021 at 3:50 pm #9444175

Raphael Cavalieri

here are the queries concerned

query2.PNG
query1.PNG
August 23, 2021 at 3:51 pm #9444221

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi Raphael.

This is the ticket that I converted the live chat to as you requested from the very beginning of the live chat session.

1. Can you please share more about the exact issues that you are experiencing on your website so that the colleague that will take over this ticket knows more about what is exactly that you are experiencing and what you are looking to see improved?

The more specific you can be, the more it will help us to better understand how we can help you.

2. In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you!

Mihai Apetrei

August 23, 2021 at 4:07 pm #9444271

Raphael Cavalieri

I noticed that there were 3 requests generated by WPML which slow down a lot of time because one takes no less than 26 seconds to execute while the other is loaded by all the pages and takes 3 seconds. Which is far too important. Therefore, I would like to optimize this, to know if we can bypass their execution, delay them in loading ...

August 23, 2021 at 4:50 pm #9444533

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for the explanation.

Can you also please add some screenshots or any extra information of those three requests that you are referring to so that my colleagues will know what you are referring to?

Thank you!

August 24, 2021 at 6:57 am #9447037

Raphael Cavalieri

I have already provided the 3 requests that have problem in the first message

August 24, 2021 at 7:15 pm #9453117

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

August 25, 2021 at 9:26 am #9456555

Raphael Cavalieri

Hello,

I followed your instructions and tried to migrate the site but it crashes at 60%.
Wouldn't it be easier if I gave you access to the test site that we have?

Thanks

August 25, 2021 at 11:48 pm #9461355

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. If you have a test website where the issue can be reproduced, then, it should work for the troubleshooting process. The next reply is marked as private, so, you can safely provide the test website access details.

Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

August 27, 2021 at 7:54 pm #9472687

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I ran some tests in your website, when keeping only WPML Multilingual CMS plugin and a default WordPress theme I don't see any significant performance impact in tests from hidden link however, I see performance impact when your theme is enabled. In order to compare values and determine if the server is also causing any impacting I am migrating the test website to our test servers, this way we can get some more details regarding the real performance impact.

I would appreciate to know more the steps you did to get the slow queries details and where you see this impact, for example is it when editing a page, installing plugin, browsing the website frontend? It will give me some more details, so, I can reproduce it in my additional tests.

Thank you for your patience and collaboration, have a nice day.

August 30, 2021 at 7:05 am #9480147

Raphael Cavalieri

Hello,
Thank you for your return, to answer your question I see this impact on the navigation of the site on the front side, indeed, a request which is called on all the pages takes about 3 seconds to be made which is too much, because other things have to be loaded, and there is also another request which takes no less than 26 seconds which is of course too much.
After studying the queries that I provided you I saw that it came from WPML and in particular when there were INNER JOINTS
So I would like to know if there is no way for example to run them in the background, to bypass them, to delete them ... Anything that will improve the loading time of the site compared to these queries

August 30, 2021 at 7:34 am #9480279

Raphael Cavalieri

In addition to those mentioned in my file, on the test site to which you have access you have the list of requests evoking the one to duplicate, the one that takes the most time.

August 31, 2021 at 1:17 am #9486847

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I tried to migrate your website to our test servers and it failed, then, I tried it again and it is stuck at 60%. You have a huge database 11GB+ which could result in slow queries, however, as said, we need to test it in a different server environment, so, we can exclude any server interference. Please, provide us with a dump package of your website, following these instructions:

1 - Export a SQL dump of your test website database.
2 - Copy the wp-content folder excluding the uploads folder.
3 - Upload them to a third party file sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc).
4 - Let me know the download URL.

The next reply is marked as private, so, you can safely provide these details. Thank you for your collaboration and patience.

Have a nice day.

September 1, 2021 at 2:13 pm #9500363

Raphael Cavalieri

Hello,

I would like to apologize but it is totally impossible for me to give you the SQL dump because it is too big and I cannot put it on any platform for you to access.
Concerning the wp-content folder you will have to access it via the ftp I provided you.
Is there any other possible solution, if not I will ask someone else from our service to send you the sql dump
Thank you again and please tell me what can be done

September 2, 2021 at 7:51 pm #9512175

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am consulting our second level support team for the best approach to debug your issue, I will update you here as soon as I have some more details.

Have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] Database queries problem’ is closed to new replies.