Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Copy published date to translation

Solution:

WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization. Select the option "Copy publishing date to translations" this would copy the published date to translation.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marianH 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4569777

marianH

Hello,

I am not sure if I overlook an option, but when I do the automatic translation of a post, the new post (with the translation) has the timestamp of the translation (and thus is posted on the top of all posts e.g. on a newspage). How can I set that the translatation keeps the date of the original post?

- Marian

September 16, 2019 at 6:10 am #4576451

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello Marian,

I think the option you are looking for is "Copy publishing date to translations" in WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization. Selecting the option would copy the date to translation.

Let me know if that helps, Feel free to write back If you still have any issue.

Kind regards
Raja

September 16, 2019 at 6:59 am #4576663

marianH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!