This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 7:37 am #3912397

sashaP-2

Hi support,

I have 3 languages configured on my site, all of which have their own datepicker calendar translations.
In my theme settings, I set the datepicker calendar to "default" or "English" (as my main language is English). This setting then randomly changes after a while to one of the other 2 languages I have on my site. My theme is wpml-compatible.
There is no pattern to this, either, it could change to one language or the other at different times unexpectedly.
I keep changing this setting back to "English" or to "default" but after a while, the language again changes.
This is obviously a problem, as users can access the site in English but see the calendar displayed in another language.

I expected to see: English language calendar on English version of site.

Instead, I got: Other 2 languages being set randomly for the datepicker on the English site.

What can be done to prevent this from happening?

Thank you.

May 29, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3916371

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sasha,

Just to make sure that I'm looking at the right theme, you're using the WP Rentals theme, am I right? Is there any time span or maybe some other changes in the site (like editing menu, adding a page or anything else) that you identified maybe? Also, can you make sure that you're using the latest version of the theme? Last but not least, have you tried to reach out the theme authors and ask them about this. They might be able to tell you what could trigger the change on that field (maybe it's connected to another one). Even just a suggestion from them might be worth a check. In the meantime, I'll check this out too and see if I can replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Radu

May 30, 2019 at 2:02 am #3919329

sashaP-2

Hi Radu,

I don't quite understand what you mean by changes in site (editing menu, adding page etc).? Do you mean to ask if this change in language setting occurs when there is an edit of page/menu etc? Not that I have noticed - at the moment the change occurs shortly after setting a language in this field, no known patterns of behaviour.

Yes, correct - it is the WP Rentals theme.

The theme authors have advised that they don't know why this could be happening and referred me to WPML support directly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

May 30, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3923771

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sasha,

I installed the latest version of the theme and had a look at the field you captured on your screenshot. It seems that the languages from that field and the one from WPML are not connected at all (check the screenshot I attached). That field is still available when the WPML plugin is not active. This is why I suggested to reach out to the theme authors. It might be a language field but it's not from our plugin (or managed by WPML). I set this field to French for now on my website and check it again from time to time to see if it changes its value.
Can you tell me if the value that is randomly changes to is one of the languages set in WPML or is it changing to other languages too?

Thanks,
Radu

May 31, 2019 at 2:07 am #3927193

sashaP-2

Hi Radu,

Yes, the language randomly changes to the other languages set in WPML.

June 1, 2019 at 1:45 am #3933775

sashaP-2

Hi Radu,

Could you please tell me if you made any changes to our settings, as we are now seeing the following notice (see attachment) and we cannot revert the changes back to original.

June 3, 2019 at 9:11 am #3940609

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sasha,

I didn't make any changes on your website. I don't even have access to the dashboard area.
Regarding the datepicker field, this didn't change on my side since we last talked. Can you tell me if this value change is happening frequently (maybe once a day) or not that often, please? Also, are you changing any other options from the WPRentals Options section until this datepicker problem appears? I'm thinking that maybe changing some other options from the theme options area is causing this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

June 4, 2019 at 2:35 am #3947245

sashaP-2

Hi Radu,

Yes, this value changes every time "English" is set as the language for datepicker (or if "dafault" is selected).
So, usually it will change to another language a few hours later and stay on the changed language until it is changed back to "English" and the process repeats.
As far as changing WP Rentals Options - these various settings are changed all the time, as we are configuring our site, so not sure if there could be something else in those settings that is causing a conflict or if there is a wpml conflict...

June 4, 2019 at 4:28 am #3947819

sashaP-2

Update: After some testing, we have identified that whenever javascript is executed on any given page (when the language is other than English), this datepicker setting changes to reflect the language you are viewing in frontend (whilst logged in as admin).
However, it never changes back to English and only seems to change twice (to the other 2 languages we have configured on site), effectively staying on that third language as a final setting, even when you change languages repeatedly in frontend.

June 5, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3960791

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sasha,

Thank you for check this a bit closer and found a way to replicate the issue. Can you give me a few more details about the javascript is executed on any given page part, please? An example of change you do in order to see the issue would be great. I tried to change the language, access different pages, but the value of the Language for datepicker didn't change on my side. Maybe there's something else I should do instead and that's why a few steps would be great.

Thanks,
Radu

June 7, 2019 at 7:25 am #3974423

sashaP-2

Hi Radu,

For example, this happens when you go into a property page (in any language other than English) and use the booking form to book a property. This instantly changes the language setting in the backend to reflect the language you are viewing the page in.

The same thing happens when you "favourite" a property on the same booking form.
Other instances include using the frontend user dashboard (logged in as admin) when in another language and using the "Reservations" section (which uses js when it is populated with invoices) - clicking on "View Details" for an invoice triggers a change in the language also.

June 10, 2019 at 10:07 am #3986549

Radu
Supporter

Hey Sasha,

Is there any chance that you could send me a copy of your website? this way I'll be able to replicate the issue on my side and report it to my colleagues to investigate everything a bit further. Here's an article where you can find how to create this package https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Datepicker calendar language setting in my theme settings keeps changing’ is closed to new replies.