This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The Bookly plugin doesn't translate the format date in Japanese

Solution: This issue is not related to WPML but to Bookly.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4151353

nathanH-7

Tell us what you are trying to do? As you can see in the image below, I can't get the dates to show up in the proper Japanese format. A few of the others I've done in the past worked fine with this (EN = F j, Y | JP = Y年Fj日 , and so on), but I can't even find the place to translate these two. You get to this screenshot from this page (hidden link), and you click "次へ" once, and then it's under "2. 日にち " heading.

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? no

What is the link to your site?

July 10, 2019 at 8:02 am #4177061

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying but it took some time to test.

The problem seems not to be related to WPML, but to how Bookly formats date. If you change the default language to Japanese and deactivate WPML, you'll see the date is always the same - therefore, it's not WPML that doesn't translate it correctly, but Bookly that doesn't handle date in a different language.

This can probably be fixed, but the first input must come from Bookly's author. I see the plugin wasn't tested with WPML, so you might want to suggest them to apply for our Go-Global program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) so we can help them to become multilingual ready.

July 12, 2019 at 9:04 am #4196747

nathanH-7

Okay, thank you for your response. I’m contacting them, and will see what they say.

July 12, 2019 at 9:31 am #4197143

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Sure, if you still need help after hearing from them please open a new ticket.