This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by szymonP-2 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 9:44 am #4445711

szymonP-2

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to deactivate 'Copy from original' button in translate editor for taxonomy part (tags, categories or custom taxonomy). In the attachment a screenshot showing which button I mean.

August 23, 2019 at 11:02 am #4446267

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello and welcome to WPML's support forum,
I'll do my best to help you out today.

I think it could be possible but I'd like to run some Tests before I can confirmm this.

Please know that this is considered custom coding so it's not really supported by us, but I'll do my best to help you, be it in giving you the actual code if possible or pointing you in the right direction.

Regards.

August 23, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4449807

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

It took me a bit to find the best way to do it but here it is:

1) Take this code, put it into a file called "disable-cte-btns.js".

window.onload=function(){
	jQuery('.postbox input.icl_tm_finished').prop('checked',true);
	jQuery('.postbox button').prop('disabled',true);
	console.log("done!");
};

2) save the file and upload it into the root of your theme (so if the theme is called "twenty" then it would be in the directory: /wp-content/themes/twenty)

3) Add this code in your functions.php file:

function disable_taxonomies_cte($hook){
	if ($hook !== 'wpml_page_wpml-translation-management/menu/translations-queue'){
		return;
	}
	 wp_enqueue_script('disable_ct_btns', get_template_directory_uri(). '/disable-cte-btns.js',true);

}
add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'disable_taxonomies_cte',100);

save and there you go.

I don't think it will only disable the taxonomies, though. it will disable everything inside those "white boxes" where the categories and taxonomies are, but you can give it a try and at most try to take it from there and modify the "disable-cte-btns.js" file (no need to modify the functions.php at all).

Please note: this code will do what you wish but beware that setting a field as translated and without content can cause undesired outcomes in your taxonomies or in your site.

The best way to make them disappear is to just translate the taxonomies once (through WPML > Taxonomies translation) and then you won't see them in the translation editor ever again.

Regards.

August 26, 2019 at 7:49 am #4456511

szymonP-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!