This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: While running Debug a PHP "Deadlock " WPML error occurs in the database when running Translation Management.

Solution: In this particular case the update for CMS Multilingual 4.2.8 and Translation Management 2.8.7 solved the issue.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescoL-19 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 16, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4407005

francescoL-19

Hello,

Sometime I have this PHP error i my debug.log

[15-Aug-2019 06:14:15 UTC] WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` = '_transient_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpml_tm_load, WPML_Translation_Management->load, do_action('wpml_tm_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_completed, delete_transient, delete_option

I'm very newbie and I'm not able to understand the problem. But I read something about "WPML".

Can you help me to understand?

Thank you

August 16, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4407155

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello Francesco,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

August 16, 2019 at 8:11 pm #4408057

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The issue regarding the database error has been escalated to our developers. I will keep you updated once I received feedback.

Please try the WPML Troubleshoot options for cleaning up the database. You will find them at WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting inside of the section called "Clean Up".

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix WPML Tables Collation
- Set language information

Let me know if this was able to solve the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 16, 2019 at 10:39 pm #4408371

francescoL-19

Hello Andreas,

I do it now =)

See you soon and thank you

Francesco from Italy

September 3, 2019 at 10:16 pm #4507393

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Francesco,

I am still waiting for feedback from our deveopers regarding the issue.

Were the WPML Troubleshoot options able to help with the situation?

Kind regards
Andreas

September 5, 2019 at 11:25 am #4518797

francescoL-19

Hello Andreas..

mmm... I looked now inside the debug.log and it seems no issue until now =)
But, I will keep you informed if I will see again the same error! ^_^

September 7, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4529397

francescoL-19

Hello, today I had the same error:

[06-Sep-2019 19:47:32 UTC] PHP Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/customer/www/xxx.com/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1111
[07-Sep-2019 09:45:35 UTC] WordPress errore sul database Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction per la query DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` = '_transient_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress' fatta da require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpml_tm_load, WPML_Translation_Management->load, do_action('wpml_tm_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_completed, delete_transient, delete_option

[07-Sep-2019 09:45:35 UTC] WordPress errore sul database Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction per la query DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` = '_transient_wpml_st_upgrade_in_progress' fatta da require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, SitePress->init, do_action('wpml_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, wpml_tm_load, WPML_Translation_Management->load, do_action('wpml_tm_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_String_Translation->load, WPML_ST_Upgrade->run, WPML_ST_Upgrade->set_upgrade_completed, delete_transient, delete_option

September 16, 2019 at 9:24 pm #4584259

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please try to update all WPML Plugins to their latest version by going to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial.

If this will not solve the issue please change from "stable" channel to "beta" channel and install all our Beta versions.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 19, 2019 at 4:13 pm #4607239

francescoL-19

Hello,
it's a lot of days I don't go inside my website (it is in maintenance mode).
I look no win the debug.log and it seems no error =)

September 20, 2019 at 3:20 am #4609447

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The staging site that you provided seems to be down at the moment.

If the error was not appearing anymore than possibly it was solved with one of the latest updates.

Please feel free to reach out again, if you experience any issues with WPML or spot new errors on the debug.log.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 23, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4624927

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am following up with you about the error in regards to the wp_options table that has been reported earlier.

Could you please let me know if the issue got solved with our latest updates or simply mark this ticket as resolved?

Kind regards
Andreas

September 23, 2019 at 4:31 pm #4625695

francescoL-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!