This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I get a PHP Warning: posix_getpwuid() has been disabled for security reasons.

Solution: That error is thrown because your hosting company has disabled that directive for security reasons so you can ask them if they can turn it on.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ryanW-5 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 16, 2018 at 3:25 am

ryanW-5

I am trying to "troubleshooting":
when process [clear wpml cache]

the debug log will show that message:
[15-Nov-2018 03:27:19 UTC] PHP Warning: posix_getpwuid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/mosmotorcom/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php on line 199

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

November 16, 2018 at 12:41 pm #2913562

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

That error is thrown because your hosting company has disabled that directive for security reasons so you can ask them if they can turn it on (although in most cases, they won't).

This might not affect the overall performance of your site, but could you please confirm that once you clicked the "Clear WPML Cache" button, the process finished successfully (i.e: you got a success message from WPML)

Please let me know.

November 21, 2018 at 8:22 am #2925695

ryanW-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

My hosting company has disabled that directive for security reasons.
And I clicked the "Clear WPML Cache" button, the process finished successfully.