This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 2:55 am #4337455

kevinL-40

I have total 21 language with country base. also I have a product category "Scoliosis Books" (SB). All SB product have 9 different languages. I Add a Global attribute "Language" with 9 terms. I want when user on frence page then default Language attribute is frence if user on German page then default Language attribute is german. please see attached image for make sense.
I am trying to: Setting _default_attributes is translatable in WPML>Setting>Custom field section. and trying to Translate the default attribute on Product variations but it not been saved.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

August 5, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4341089

kevinL-40

Also have another issue for shipping. easyship not working on translated products. when place order it's look good but easyship missing product dimension and it calculate wrong amount on checkout page. please help how to solve?

August 6, 2019 at 12:02 am #4343261

kevinL-40

Also I inform you simple product have no issue but Easyship missing the dimension and weight from variable product translated page.

August 6, 2019 at 2:08 am #4343435

kevinL-40

Very bad support 🙁
no reply after passing 23 hours +
this WPML plugins is not free. so we want best support from you. for urgency we need live chat for contact to you. but you have not..
very bad...
I am disappointed. I am waiting for your reply and wast my time for this issue. please check it urgent.

August 6, 2019 at 5:10 am #4344197

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello There,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Firstly, I am so sorry for this delay in replying, this is not usual in the forum and you will receive the feedbacks frequently from now on. Also, we would like to let you know that we also provide support via the chat too.

https://wpml.org/forums/forum/chat-support/

I can see you have reported two issues here, so I request you to open a new ticket/chat for the second issue so both issues will be handled differently. This will also probably fix the issue in a short time.

I will be debugging the default attribute translation issue here, can you please let me know if this is done by using some plugin, to set the default attribute?

For helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML.

So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 6, 2019 at 5:10 am #4344199

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello There,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Firstly, I am so sorry for this delay in replying, this is not usual in the forum and you will receive the feedbacks frequently from now on. Also, we would like to let you know that we also provide support via the chat too.

https://wpml.org/forums/forum/chat-support/

I can see you have reported two issues here, so I request you to open a new ticket/chat for the second issue so both issues will be handled differently. This will also probably fix the issue in a short time.

I will be debugging the default attribute translation issue here, can you please let me know if this is done by using some plugin, to set the default attribute?

For helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML.

So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks

August 6, 2019 at 6:10 am #4344307

kevinL-40

I enabled wp debug and The debug log is empty. my site on namecheap shared hosting with PHP 7.2, MySQL Version:10.1.40-MariaDB-cll-lve, WordPress version: 5.2.2, woocommerce Version 3.6.4 & easyship plugins version 0.5.9. all are latest version. only woocommerce is not. because the woocommerce V 3.6.5 have some issue.
also use custom theme.

August 6, 2019 at 6:23 am #4344319

kevinL-40

Yes I set the default attribute.

August 6, 2019 at 6:23 am #4344321

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you please provide feedback on this?

will be debugging the default attribute translation issue here, can you please let me know if this is done by using some plugin, to set the default attribute?

Further, which version of WPML are you using?

Thanks

August 6, 2019 at 6:54 am #4344517

kevinL-40

default attribute I set by edit my product. I am using latest version WPML.

August 6, 2019 at 7:00 am #4344531

kevinL-40

The Debug Info from WPML

August 6, 2019 at 8:37 am #4345335

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To further debug this issue, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

August 7, 2019 at 6:20 am #4352237

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I just consulted this issue with our colleagues and I can confirm that it's not possible to set a different default attribute per language as of now. The same attribute selected will be shown with a translated value as a default attribute in translated language.

You can achieve this using custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Thanks