This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 2:46 am #3860111

Genius Ali

Sorry the French version homepage was not published, I published it and now its working the only thing left is default language based on country for ex: hidden link in this screenshot I'm browsing from france but the language is still English as default

May 22, 2019 at 2:51 am #3860143

Dennis

Hi,

Please note the browser redirection works in relation to your browser's language and not the location from where you're accessing the site.

Please check this documentation about Browser Language Redirection for more information:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/#no-redirection-when-refreshing-the-browser

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 24, 2019 at 2:38 am #3880407

Genius Ali

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
I'm using Firefox and my browser language is French as you can see in below video.
When I go to my website diakpharma.com the default language is English and it should be French as my browser language is French.

Video - hidden link
Also this is my current setting for lang redirect - hidden link

I have already submitted my wp-admin in case you have to check something.
Let me know if I can help in any way.

Regards,
Ramil

May 24, 2019 at 7:47 am #3881935

Dennis

Hi,

I have tried to browse your site like the steps you described in the video provided using firefox browser with French as default language.

As far as i can tell, the browser redirection is working fine. Please note though that WPML will do this language redirect only once and then not redirect anymore as stated on our documentation. However, This single-time redirect operation resets every 24 hours which you change in WPML > Languages > Browser language redirect section.

To learn more about it this behavior, please read this section of the documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/#no-redirection-when-refreshing-the-browser

To confirm this, please try to navigate to your site again after clearing your cache/cookies, as cookies are responsible for this feature or browser your site in a private window.

Kind regards,
Dennis