This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by erickS-3 12 months ago.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 11:02 pm

erickS-3

I was testing the various looks of the language menu, unchecking display options (flag, name, display name, etc), and afterwards, only the default language (English) flag shows. The only other language I have is Chinese, and that flag no longer displays. Also, my theme has a Top Bar, and although I set the standard language picker Menu horizontal to display in the Top Bar, it does not show.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Both flags as before. When I click on the Hello World article, it takes me to the article, and the Chinese flag is showing on the Header navigation by itself.

What I'd like to do is if this cannot be resolved, I would like to uninstall all WPML plugins and their respective database tables before restore. The restore package includes the WPML data, and will not solve the issue if a site restore is required. Please do not perform a restore with Duplicator without my approval.

On a side question, how do I run the setup wizard again? I could not find where to do this, and uninstalling the plugin did not help once I reinstalled. I was not sure which tables to delete, which I believe could trigger the wizard to run once more. Please help me with this also.

Please use "Only use plain FTP (insecure)" for Encryption level on FTP access - Port 21

October 27, 2018 at 6:53 pm #2855424

erickS-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!