This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I try to set the WPML default language to Dutch (Nederlands) but this language checkbox isn't selectable at all. In the WP general settings the website language is set on Dutch but on WPML it seems that I can't.

Solution: - Go to WPML > Languages > Site languages. - Add/remove languages. - Open our browser console. - Remove teh "disabled/disables" HTML. - Save your language.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wimG-2 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 9:16 am

wimG-2

I am trying to: set the default language to Dutch

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: backend

I expected to see: the checkbox activated for Dutch (Nederlands) so I can add this to the languages.

Instead, I got: a checkbox that I can't activate

Hello,
This website is in development. I try to set the WPML default language to Dutch (Nederlands) but this language checkbox isn't selectable at all. In the WP general settings the website language is set on Dutch but on WPML it seems that I can't.
Can you help me with this problem? I've already granted you acces to WP if needed. For FTP I can't because it is blocked on IP.

Kind regards,
Sanne

July 4, 2019 at 9:21 am #4141869

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Sanne,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

I just visited your site and I have enable your Dutch language removing the blocking code from the browser console.

Does it solve your issue?

Best regards,
Andrés

July 4, 2019 at 9:38 am #4142021

wimG-2

Thank you. My problem has been resolved.