This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 10, 2018 at 1:44 pm #2073071

egleK

Hello,

I have a big problem. I have multilanguage site and I am using DIVI theme with DIVI builder. I do not use automatic translation or translation editor, I just want to have two different versions on my page. When I change something on default language and save it, my second language page overwrites and everything changes to the same page as default language. What can I do to solve this problem and edit two different versions of my page?

May 11, 2018 at 9:57 am #2085588

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please make sure if the secondary language page is not a duplicate of the default language. Content only gets overridden when the secondary languages pages are marked as the duplicate of default language pages.

Also, if it's marked as duplicate make sure to translate it independently to keep the translations not getting overridden.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Default language overwrites second language’ is closed to new replies.