Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by webM-3 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
September 1, 2017 at 4:05 am #1355687

webM-3

The Default Variations are lost in the secondary language.
I have been trying for many different remedies mentioned, but none have worked.

hidden link
hidden link

Please help. Thank you.

September 1, 2017 at 8:32 am #1355787

Joanna

Hello @webm-3,

It's a known issue that will be fixed in the next WooCommerce Multilingual release. The fix is already included in the latest WooCommerce Multilingual beta version.

Could you please install the beta version and test if the issue is resolved on your installation?
Please note that the beta version is not fully tested so you shouldn't use it on a production site. It's meant for testing purposes only. If you have such an option, please prepare a copy of your site and test with the beta version on the copy. Remember to make a backup before you install anything.

You can find the beta version at https://wpml.org/account/downloads/. You'll need to choose the Beta channel from the drop-down menu above the list of WPML components.

When the beta version is active, you need to resave the product in the original language and then resave the translation as well. The default variation value should be copied.

Please let me know if the beta version resolves the issue on your installation.

September 1, 2017 at 8:39 am #1355791

webM-3

Really? Thanks for the info Jo!
Strange enough that I actually got it to work on my testing site!

hidden link
hidden link

All plugins are identical. Must have been some mysterious steps.

September 1, 2017 at 5:12 pm #1356252

Joanna

Hello @webm-3,

Some of the WPML's language configuration files are being updated regardless the plugin version and according to the Cron settings, they're being updated on your site in the background. It's possible that one such updates fixed the issue.

It's also possible that it was just magic that cannot be explained.

However, please also try on your main site the following steps:
1. Go to Dashboard->Updates.
2. In the "Theme and Plugins compatibility with WPML" section click the "Update" button.
This action would be also forced if you deactivate and activate WPML core plugin.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to wait for the new WooCommerce Multilingual release.

September 5, 2017 at 6:48 am #1359072

webM-3

Unfortunately, the newly updated plugin didn't do the trick.
The Default Variations are still not selected in the secondary language.
I even tried adding a new product from scratch to test.
Any other tricks I should try? Perhaps from the troubleshooting page?
Many thanks!

September 5, 2017 at 3:12 pm #1360355

Joanna

Hello @webm-3,

In this case, if it's okay with you, I’d like to replicate your website locally. This will help me debug the issue and find the solution. For this, I'll need a snapshot of your site which you can create using a plugin called "Duplicator". This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content.

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Here's a great tutorial on how to use it: hidden link.

Please send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big). Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it. You can paste the links to the files there. You can also install the Duplicator plugin, create a snapshot and share the credentials to your website. I will then download the files from the admin panel.

If you choose to share the credentials, I'd also be able to check the issue on your website in case I'm unable to replicate it locally.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

September 6, 2017 at 6:41 pm #1362483

Joanna

Hello @webm-3,

Thank you for the credentials and files. I'll replicate your site, debug it and get back to you.

September 10, 2017 at 9:36 am #1366194

Joanna

Hello @webm-3,

It turned out that there are still some problems with the default variation values when you use Translation Editor. In this case, before it is fully fixed, I suggest you use a workaround:
1. Create a product a translate it as you would do it normally.
2. Go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Settings tab->Product Translation Interface.
2. Switch to the "Native WooCommerce product editing screen" option.
3. Open the product in the original language and click the "Update" button.
4. Open the product translation and click the "Update" button.
5. You can switch back to the "WPML Translation Editor" option for further work on the translation.

Please let me know if that works on your installation.

September 11, 2017 at 4:04 am #1366763

webM-3

Thank you Joanna!
Your solution has worked in my installation.
All Best.