Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 7, 2018 at 1:51 pm #2620433

benH-18

I am trying to: Delete all WPML plugins and start again.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A

I expected to see: All WPML data removed as if I had never installed it.

Instead, I got:
Remnants of WPML installations left behind.
I have seen several topics asking about this and the answer is always to use the reset and deactivate WPML button, however this still leaves things behind.

When I re install the WPML plugins we see that they are still linked to the site key, which we had also deleted already in WPML Accounts sites page.

We also note that the setup wizard for Woocommerce WPML does not exist, possibly due to some remnants of the previous installation.

August 7, 2018 at 10:20 pm #2622012

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

To do this completely I would recommend the following steps:

- First remove all existing data (e.g. posts, media attachments)
- Then deactivate all languages and confirm that no existing data remains
- Then remove the plugins
- Then delete all database tables that start with icl_*
- Then go to wp-options and remove all option keys that have the following strings as part of their name: sitepress, wpml, icl You should use PHPMyAdmin or ARI Adminer to do this.

These steps should remove all traces of WPML. Please let me know if this met your need.

The topic ‘[Closed] Delete and restart WPML Plugin Setup’ is closed to new replies.