If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 6:55 pm #3770253

Mr. Ghost

2 more things popped up now:

1. Field groups, how do I move them to a new language/market they are not translatable or connected to a specific country.

2. Navigation menu items, I've moved all to the new language but still say 4 items which are not true.

The conclusion is that this is very annoying in WPML if you just let me as in Polylang change language name and code everything would have been sorted. Instead, WPML created a lot of trouble, extra work and we have still not sorted all of it. And still, a lot of trash is left on the storage and database that isn't deleted after removing a language.

Once again very unsatisfied with the product, I really give it a shot but running into new issues and problems all the time. Never experienced the need of such much support as since I started work with WPML.

May 9, 2019 at 6:12 am #3773235

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

1. Field groups, how do I move them to a new language/market they are not translatable or connected to a specific country.

2. Navigation menu items, I've moved all to the new language but still say 4 items which are not true.

Can you show me images of both of these? I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 7:10 am #3773571

Mr. Ghost

2. Navigation is solved

1. What do you want me to show? I shared the print screen in the previous message. And except that you know how acf and wpml works. What more can I show?

May 9, 2019 at 7:49 am #3773857

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I shared the print screen in the previous message.

I do not see it, can you upload it again?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 11:24 am #3775597

Mr. Ghost

I do not upload images, I share in url. Have you never checked or clicked on images I shared like this?: hidden link You found this link n page 1 of this thread and the last message of that page.

May 9, 2019 at 11:42 am #3775717

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

See this:
https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/internationalization/localization/#using-localizations

If you are referring to .mo and .po files that ended up in wp-content/languages/plugins/, you can read that link on what they are the the purpose of it. It is up to you to decide on will you remove them or leave them as is.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 9, 2019 at 6:09 pm #3778655

Mr. Ghost

I know what they are used for but it's not only that it's all files created by WPML that should, of course, be removed when I disable a language and remove everything. I do not want to bloat my server with leftovers and trash thanks.

And still, have no answer how to remove and move the ACF group fields that WPML says is connected to the UK. I want them to be moved to my new US language setup.

1) So can you tell me what I can remove?
2) How do I move ACF group fields to be associated with another language? Shared here: hidden link

May 10, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3784889

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

And still, have no answer how to remove and move the ACF group fields that WPML says is connected to the UK. I want them to be moved to my new US language setup

You can do this:

- activate those languages back
- set Field Groups (acf-field-group) to "Translatable - only show translated items" on WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation
- open that Field Group and translate it into US (or any language these should be in)
- delete Field Groups in other languages (wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=acf-field-group)
- deactivate those other languages - it should show 0 for UK e.g now

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 10, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3785753

Mr. Ghost

Great step by step guide.

I did just need to make it "Translatable - only show translated items" and then I could resave all and disable it and remove the language. This since I have US as the default language, smooth process and worked perfectly!

So if you have changed the default language this is all you have to do:
1) set Field Groups (acf-field-group) to "Translatable - only show translated items" on WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation

2) Save ACF group fields/publish. Done!

Many thanks!

May 10, 2019 at 3:18 pm #3786131

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This isn't that common request I must admit, so I tested it fresh on my localhost installation and it worked properly. But that process would work for other post types as well, whenever there is some leftover content and users have not removed them yet.

Anything else I can help with?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 10, 2019 at 3:29 pm #3786269

Mr. Ghost

Ok great! No, that's all, this ticket is solved!

May 10, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3786705

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Marking this as resolved!

Regards,
Bruno Kos