This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
August 18, 2019 at 4:59 am #4411461

青木 基純

hidden link

Now There are 3 language in this website.
I want to delete one language(Vietnam) from it.

hidden link

August 18, 2019 at 9:24 am #4411797

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

When you deactivate/remove a language you are not displaying them in site. That's all but the translated contents for that language still be in the database.

There are two ways to do delete them fully.
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

1. From the admin dashboard
1. Make sure you are seeing all three languages in WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Add/remove languages: hidden link
2. Switch admin dashboard to the language you want to delete contents from: hidden link
3. Now go to the pages/posts/products, etc.. and delete them for the specific language.
4. repeat the steps for other languages too.

2. Delete it from PHPMyAdmin
For this, you need to access your site database via cPanel or any other method you are using.

Please access your database directly (you can use PHPMyAdmin, for example) and access the "_icl_translations" table.

In SQL tab, run the following command:

DELETE FROM 'wp_icl_translations' WHERE language_code = 'ja';

This will delete all the Japanese inactive content.
So change the language code to the language you want to delete.

Note 1: In my example, I'm using the table with the wp_ prefix. If you have changed this during your site installation, change on the top line as well.

Note 2: In the above example, I am using the Japanese language. To remove for other languages, use the same command, just by changing the language code.
And, you can use them once altogether as well.
Ex:

DELETE FROM 'wp_icl_translations' WHERE language_code = 'ja';
DELETE FROM 'wp_icl_translations' WHERE language_code = 'fr';

This will remove all Japanese and French inactive contents in one step.
Add the lines with language if you are so sure about this.

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,
Riffaz.