This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikaelS-11 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 11:55 am

mikaelS-11

I am trying to delete ongoing translations exported to xliff-file from the translation que and instead translate via duplicate pages/posts but there seems to be no way to do this. I only seem to have the options "Resign" or "Take and Translate".

There is no cancel/delete button in the transaltion que and I cannot check the Duplicate checkbox on posts/pages.

How do I get rid of all the ongoing translations to use duplicate post instead?

August 5, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4342575

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Local translation jobs can not be canceled, but there is a way to create a new job.

Please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Dashboard and select the checkbox for the page that you wish to duplicate. then set the duplicate option at the bottom of the page. Please take note that is only advisable for pages or posts that do not have a valid translation yet, as any existing translation will be overwritten.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 5, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4343051

mikaelS-11

Yeah this doesn't really seem to work. I tried this for one page and it does infact create a duplicate of that page but it is not connected to the original language page nor does it copy over the custom layout.

Also on the duplicate page I get the option to create a duplicate of the page for translation but that would be the wrong way around.

Any other ideas?

Why can't local translation jobs be canceled? Seems like this should be an option.

Or would my best option be to completely remove WPML and start all over again? How do I in that case do this?

August 5, 2019 at 9:29 pm #4343115

mikaelS-11

Ok, I think I might have found a workaround.

I translated one page in the translation que. Just copied all field and set to 100% complete. Then deleted that page and it was removed from the translation que. Then I could create it again more or less normally using the Duplicate checkbox on the original language page.

August 6, 2019 at 12:31 am #4343279

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

In fact that is a proper solution. Once the site has been created/translated and will get deleted from the backend it will not longer be visible on Translation Management.

I also agree with you that you should be able to delete any created translation job. If I recall correclty there have been issues in regards to the database tables once jobs were canceled this way which for our developers are woking on a different solution.

At the moment our deveopers are very busy with working on performance enhancements and a redisgn of String Translation and the way WPML handles strings for translations. Once the next major update will be out I am sure they will also consider to redesign Translation Management in regards to your request.

Anyhow, the workaround you mentioned works, I have tested it on a new installation. We hoe this is a aceeptable solution for you in the meantime.

Let me know if there is something else I can do for you.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 4:06 am #4344103

mikaelS-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!