This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 7:21 pm #4499803

vitoR-2

Hi, I need to delete the original language (Italian) leaving the translation (English) and related content as the main language.
I need to do this, because (for strange reasons) some content in Italian are unavailable but the English version is perfect and from now on I need only the English site.

Thanks for your further help!

veestudio.it

September 2, 2019 at 7:26 pm #4499815

vitoR-2

Followed Shekhar Bhandari's instructions to keep English language (translation) as the main language, disabling WPML plugins because now I need one language only, the whole site disappeared.

September 2, 2019 at 7:27 pm #4499817

vitoR-2

These are the instructions:

Shekhar Bhandari : Follow the below steps:
- Activate WPML with both languages
- Keep a proper backup
- Then go to the Dashboard->Pages and switch to the language that you want to remove, and delete all the pages, apply the same to all the posts
Shekhar Bhandari : - Then deactivate language and set another language as default
- Then deactivate WPML
Shekhar Bhandari : While deleting contents delete it from trash too.
vitoR-2 : Ok, thanks Shekar

September 2, 2019 at 10:46 pm #4500153

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

>>> ... disabling WPML plugins because now I need one language only, the whole site disappeared.

Your site may be using some native WPML function and when disabled, this issue will happen. Please, could you enable debug to see if any error message is displayed? To do it, please check the steps in our documentation: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Then try again to check the problem. If any error message appears, please paste here in the post for me to see.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Delete the main language leaving the translation as the main language and conten’ is closed to new replies.