This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Is it safe to remove that user (selecting the option "Attribute all content to another user") ? Will I lose any information within WPML?

Solution: s it safe to remove that user (selecting the option "Attribute all content to another user")?

- yes, you can do this. - when you do this all the translations created by this user will be assigned to the user you will be selecting.

Will I lose any information within WPML?

- no, you will not. - anyhow, NOTE: + Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by inbentaw 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 9:20 am #3913863

inbentaw

I want to delete a user who has the Translator and Translator Manager roles.
That user has completed many translations.
Is it safe to remove that user (selecting the option "Attribute all content to another user") ? Will I lose any information within WPML?

Thanks!

May 29, 2019 at 11:49 am #3915133

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Is it safe to remove that user (selecting the option "Attribute all content to another user")?
- yes, you can do this.
- when you do this all the translations created by this user will be assigned to the user you will be selecting.

Will I lose any information within WPML?
- no, you will not.
- anyhow, NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 29, 2019 at 3:52 pm #3917095

inbentaw

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!