This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aaronJ-5 1 year, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
June 26, 2018 at 7:31 pm #2436208

andrewH-16

I accidentally checked the 'duplicate' box when I created a translation of a page and I'm seeing now that I shouldn't have done this. I would like to delete this separate translation page and start over so that content blocks on the English page can be copied over to the Spanish page when the English page is updated.

I've tried switching to the Spanish version of the page list in the WP dashboard and deleting the translated page there. Now I can access the page in the translation editor, but it's not publishing.

On this page: hidden link
I added a couple of additional content blocks to the English version, but I think because this page is a 'duplicate' and no longer tied to the English version, it wouldn't add the new content blocks to the translation editor and thus over to the Spanish version.

Also, because I deleted the translated page hoping I could create a new non-duplicate translation, the page is no longer appearing on the site in Spanish 🙂

You guys should have my log in info on a previous post.

Thanks in advance for your help!

June 27, 2018 at 5:48 pm #2439466

andrewH-16

sorry - I figured out a fix 🙂

May 9, 2019 at 4:00 am #3772927

aaronJ-5

Please post the fix =) I have the same issue and can't figure it out.