Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
At the moment, when I delete a media in my default language media library the deleted pictures are still in the media libraries of the other lanuages.
So I have to delete them in all languages in a single process.

Is there a possibility to adjust, that when I delete a media in the default media library the pictures are also deleted in the other languages?

Solution:
That is expected, I'm afraid. The deleting of original language media won't delete the correspondent ones in the second languages.

To accomplish this, you would have to use a workaround like this:

- Go to your WP Dashboard -> Media -> Library
- Change the view to be 'list', instead of 'grid'. Screenshot: https://snipboard.io/JMLwXa.jpg
- This way, you can choose 'All Languages' in the backend switcher: https://snipboard.io/Itzsfg.jpg
- After selecting 'all languages', the media from every language you have in the website should appear, and you can delete the desired ones at bulk

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
September 20, 2023 at 5:05 pm #14432595

kathleenB-2

Dear Support Team,

At the moment, when I delete a media in my default language media library the deleted pictures are still in the media libraries of the other lanuages.
So I have to delete them in all languages in a single process.

Is there a possibility to adjust, that when I delete a media in the default media library the pictures are also deleted in the other languages?

Best regards,
Kathleen

September 21, 2023 at 12:50 pm #14439173

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thanks for your contact.

That is expected, I'm afraid. The deleting of original language media won't delete the correspondent ones in the second languages.

To accomplish this, you would have to use a workaround like this:

- Go to your WP Dashboard -> Media -> Library
- Change the view to be 'list', instead of 'grid'. Screenshot: hidden link
- This way, you can choose 'All Languages' in the backend switcher: hidden link
- After selecting 'all languages', the media from every language you have in the website should appear, and you can delete the desired ones at bulk

Hope that it helps, please let us know. Thank you.

Regards,
Mateus.

September 26, 2023 at 7:11 am #14463339

kathleenB-2

Hi Mateus,

Thanks for your support. That helps, of course.

Have a nice day and best regards,
Kathleen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.