This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 19, 2019 at 8:38 am #4602607

kaiK-9

Hey,

Is it possible to delete all media for ONE Language, because we want to remove one Language and we have over 3000 pictures for each language.

When i go to WPML > Language > Language on pages

There is a table with all media datas in each language. So my question, why it isn't possible to delete the media for one language.
I also tried to delete it in the backend, but there is no structure like 2019/01/de, it, en etc. so that would be so easy.

So i hope you know what i want to do.
I also deleted all pages in the special language and i deactivated the language.

I tried to find something on google, but i didn't find anything:

Thx for your help

September 20, 2019 at 12:00 am #4608433

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. The best way for you to delete these records would be to go to the Media > Library page and using the language selector in the top bar, switch to the secondary language and remove the images.

Note that this is because WPML does not actually duplicate images. The WPML just creates a new database record to save information such as title, description, and so on. For this reason, the images used are the same.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.