This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 11:56 am

roksanaG

Hello,

I am trying to: update WPML and ACF PRO.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link - Change the language in the header and fields in the Footer. It is good in Polish. Before the update, the fields in English were supplemented in the same way as in Polish. After updating the ACF and WPML fields were left blank.

Before update you can look here:
hidden link

July 4, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4144137

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ve compared the headers/footers of the two links you provided but I am having trouble identifying what issue you are having.

Please upload an annotated screenshot where the issue is clearly marked so that I can make sure I understand what needs fixing.

THanks

July 4, 2019 at 2:08 pm #4144223

roksanaG

Excuse me, but in the meantime, complete these fields manually. Here is the view of fields in ACF, before the ACF and WPML update:

hidden link

and here you can see the view after the update:

hidden link

The values ​​in the ACF fields in English have disappeared.

The login details for these pages are the same as I sent.

July 4, 2019 at 5:08 pm #4145531

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

So, do I understand correctly that the 2 custom field groups in this situation are:
- Post Specials
- All category

And that after upgrading your WPML plugins, the EN values for these custom fields on the HOME page were erased?

Is that a correct restatement of the situation?

July 4, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4145959

roksanaG

Two groups of custom fields:
- footer
- header

And that after the upgrading WPML and WPML plugins, the EN values for these custom fields were erased. On every web page and main page.

July 5, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4152135

Yvette
Supporter

Hmmm

I think this errata might apply to you:

https://wpml.org/errata/acf-options-pages-translation-issues-with-acfml-1-2/

If you see, there is a case where upgrading will erase translated values. From my understanding of the development notes, the only way to translate options values is to use the language switcher to enter new values into the options pages.

If you previously used the String Translation method, this is now obsolete.

I wait for your feedback.

The topic ‘[Closed] Deleting values ​​in the ACF fields (en) after updating WPML and ACF PRO’ is closed to new replies.