This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by The J 4 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
October 15, 2015 at 7:11 pm #726153

The J

Hello, using the latest WPML (and visual composer).
I was wondering how to dequeue and deregister "toolset-font-awesome-css", which is a really outdated Font Awesome file, that WPML seems to be loading in backend (why?!).
I will register and enqueue my own file (in admin and frontend).

I've tried a few admin hooks, that usually work fine, but i cant seem to find the right one for this file... and I dont have the time to dig into WPML code.

Please provide the right code snippet.
Thanks

October 16, 2015 at 2:14 pm #726859

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello.
I understand your request - I´m just trying to figure out the best way to escalate your ticket so that you can get a quick response since what you are asking me for is not within my scope of capabilities.

(1) Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I would like to know if there are any Toolset plugins involved as I have done a search through the Sitepress code and could not find where this is enqueued. It can be that this is being enqueued by Toolset code....at which point I would kindly ask you to open a ticket on the Toolset forum asking the same question.

If this is at all helpful, I´ve also found this reference that could help since it references WPML specifically:
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/70314/deregister-a-css-file-that-comes-with-a-plugin

Thanks for your cooperation on this matter.

October 19, 2015 at 11:20 pm #728418

The J

Actually, it may be called from Visual Composer, since the css is used to render icons in a VC icon box (those icons use that WPML font awesome css for some weird reason).

However, since it's a WPML file that's been called... I would expect you to tell me how to disable/prevent this 🙂

October 20, 2015 at 12:01 pm #728857

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Ok. That sounds fair and reasonable.

I need to escalate this to our 2nd tier support to be able to support you fully on this. My 1st tier capacities in this respect are limited to a gatekeeper role. = )

Thanks for your ongoing patience and cooperation.

October 23, 2015 at 6:17 am #731138

Ankit

Hi Jany,

This is Ankit from second tier support team. I will assist you with the issue further, hope this is fine with you. 🙂

Can you please add following code to theme's functions.php file and check if script has been unregistered successfully?

/**
 * Dequeue font awesome style from wpml
 */
function wpmlsupp_2211() {

if( is_admin() && !defined('DOING_AJAX') && defined('ICL_PLUGIN_URL') && defined('ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION') ) {

wp_dequeue_style('toolset-font-awesome');
	}
}
add_action( 'init', 'wpmlsupp_2211', 5 );

Let me know if this helps.

Regards
Ankit

October 24, 2015 at 7:32 pm #732033

The J

Thank you, that worked! 🙂

October 26, 2015 at 5:02 am #732234

Ankit

Can you please mark this ticket as resolved?

Regards
Ankit G.

October 26, 2015 at 2:40 pm #732736

The J

Issue resolved