This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 8:13 am #2780658

Sophie

I know there are already topics here discussing that problem, but I'm still not getting it.

So: I have German and English languages.
German is original. English the translation.
I'm not understanding how I can make sure that, if I make changes in the German original version (either design or language), it apply as well to the English Version.
I know there is the possibility of duplicating. But then it's in German again.

Could you please explain in dummy style how to make sure that the English translation is in English but looks exactly the same like the German version every time I make even just a tiny change in the design of the German version.

Cheers!

October 4, 2018 at 7:50 am #2786590

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

If you make any changes in layouts of the page in the default language, you have to manually add those changes to the translated version in most of the cases.

Case 1: CSS change
If you make CSS changes you will need to add the changed CSS in the translated language manually, but if you have page custom fields where you can add CSS, you can set this to copy to get automatically reflect the changes in secondary languages.

Case 2: Design/Layout change via page builders
If you add any extra column, modules, you can only translate the content of those modules as those layouts will be auto synchronized, while using translation editor.

Case 3: Design/Layout change via Raw HTML
You will need to update the changes manually in the translations for this.

Regarding content, content should be manually translated if page/post is not set to "Duplicate".

I would also request you to let me know about that tiny change so I can exactly provide you how you can proceed in the future.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Design should stay the same while translating’ is closed to new replies.