This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 9:43 pm #3810815

michelN

I am trying to translate to french. It has been long time since last time. I thought maybe I should synchronize translators and translation managers, it gives me this error:

Error: Api error missing resource: Website not found, please validate site identifier

Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact WPML support.

--
I activated Classic translator, didn't work either.

Attached screenshot of the translation page, something I haven't seen before.

Thanks in advance
Michel

May 14, 2019 at 11:54 pm #3811059

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Have you migrated your site from some other server to the current server? Or changed the domain of your site? This looks like the site has been registered on another server/domain.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 15, 2019 at 7:19 pm #3819807

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Michel,

Thank you. I fixed these issues that were happening on your site.

1. I fixed the error that was happening: Error: Api error missing resource: Website not found, please validate site identifier. Now the ATE is working properly.

2. I noticed that some languages were not defined for the translator in WPML > Translation Management > Translation Roles. I add added the user that you made available for the tests and I added the French language. I'll attach an image for you to see.

3. Now the ATE is working properly. I'll attach an image for you to see. Note: If Classic Translation Editor is still displayed, you can simply save the original content again and try again.

Please, could you check if the site is working properly?

Thank you.