This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by antoniosK-3 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 9:35 pm #4626687

antoniosK-3

Hi, I receive this message : "We detected a problem in your WPML configuration: the product_type taxonomy is set as translatable and this would cause problems with translated products. " and I cannot fix it.

Stock also of products is not synced in other languages. Even if I "synced product stock quantity and status ( synchronizing min stock between translations )" it always are left 1,008 products non synced in other languages.

Can you help me with those 2 issues?

Thank you

September 24, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4633403

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

if possible i would like to resolve the warning first before we take a look into the synchronization issue

please go to WPML->Settings->Taxonomies Translation->tags (product_type)

verify that it is set to "Not translatable"

let me know your results please.

September 25, 2019 at 11:31 am #4638223

antoniosK-3

Hi there,

I changes tags (product_type) to "Not translatable" but I know receive that message : "We detected that the product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations. This happened because the product_type taxonomy was translated. You can fix this in the WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting page."

Can you help me with that and with sync of products stock?

Thank you

September 25, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4641101

Bobby
Supporter

If possible I would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: if access to the live site is not possible and staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin

Thank you,
Bobby

September 26, 2019 at 1:36 am #4642403

Bobby
Supporter

In order to resolve the "product_type field was set incorrectly for some product translations" warning please follow the steps below:

1. Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Bottom of the page in small blue letters click on Troubleshooting
2. Fix product_type taxonomy terms -> Start

Once I resolved the warning, I select " Sync product stock quantity and status ( synchronizing min stock between translations )" and run the action successfully.

September 26, 2019 at 7:49 am #4644103

antoniosK-3

Hi,

I cannot understand where I can find :
1. Go to WooCommerce -> Troubleshooting

You mean I have to go to WPML troubleshooting? Cause in tab "Woocommerce" there is no troubleshooting.

Can you help me please?

Thank u

September 26, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4648189

Bobby
Supporter

Please find the steps in more detail below :

1. Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Bottom of the page in small blue letters click on Troubleshooting

NOTE: I have already performed these steps and the warning is now removed so there is no need to perform them, additionally the Fix product_type taxonomy terms button will no longer be available either.

Are you still experiencing an issue with your products out of stock being synced?

September 27, 2019 at 11:25 am #4653689

antoniosK-3

Yes I still have an issue no stock being synced.

I pressed start in "Sync product stock quantity and status ( synchronizing min stock between translations ) 1,008 left" but when I enter again in troubleshooting there are again 1,008 products left non sychronised.

I thank you again for your help

September 27, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4655965

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me.

I checked with our development team and even though the number of products to sync still appears when you refresh the page, the sync IS actually working correctly.

Basically, WCML is not doing a check if the product stock needs synchronization, it just offers the option to synchronize if you have any issues. The counter does not mean that there are X products that need sync - the counter means that there are X products that can be synced.

I hope this explanation helps, and you can proceed to work on your site without concern about the number of products showing to sync.

September 28, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4658475

antoniosK-3

Hi, the issue still remains.

When I update the stock of a product (simple or variable) in english language, it does not update simultaneously in other 4 languages. I have to update manually the stock in other languages.

Before it was updating simultaneously other languages.

Can you fix that?

September 30, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4667217

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I can see that you are currently using an outdated version of WPML and its add-on plugins along with an old version of WooCommerce

if possible please try the following:

1. go to Plugins->Add New->Commercial-> Perform the updates
2. Update WooCommerce to Version 3.7.0
3. Create a new product->set a stock count->add a translation

Let me know your results please

October 3, 2019 at 9:23 am #4686263

antoniosK-3

Hi. I try to udpate woocommerce to 3.7.0 but there is no update available in the backend. Also there is no update for other plugins in wordpress. Can you fix that please?

Thank you

October 3, 2019 at 4:37 pm #4689869

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

As this is more of a WordPress issue i would recommend contacting the WP support as they might be able to help you best.

Similar Thread on WP.org:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-dashboard-no-longer-showing-updates/

I have now created a product called WPML Prod Test, added a stock inventory of 25 and translated to Greek with the stock syncing correctly.

Let me know your results, please.

October 3, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4690621

antoniosK-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!