If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joaoO-4 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 19, 2019 at 2:09 am

joaoO-4

Hello!

In the aftermath of this thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/variable-product-displaying-as-out-of-stock/

I just noticed that there is a difference between the advanced editor and the classic editor...
I've gone to WooCommerce Multilingual and go to translate a product. Said product was all translated to PT (even the custom attributes). But in the product page, the custom attributes (remember, they are made for this product, not global attributes) were still in french.

I then went to WPML settings and disabled the advanced editor. In the classic editor, those custom attributes are in FR, not PT as they should. If I then translate the attributes in the classic page, they translate in the final product page.

Shouldn't the Advanced Editor be able to handle de custom attributes? Why only the classic does so?

Thanks!

April 19, 2019 at 11:27 am #3645387

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum,

If I understood the issue correctly, The Advanced translation editor when translating the custom attributes is not displaying the translated attributes in the front end? Is this your issue please clarify.

However, I am not able to reproduce the issue in a clean installation. the translated product attributes display perfectly without any issues hidden link

You can access the backend of the test site from hidden link

It seems you are using W3 cache, This might be an issue with cache, Try clearing your site cache once you translate the product attributes using Advanced editor and check if you can reproduce the issue. Please note your word credit will be detected so please check whether the issue happens once you translate a new product.

Please, Let me know the results

kind regards
Raja

April 22, 2019 at 2:47 am #3653551

joaoO-4

Hello. I've cleared the cache after the updates but still no avail.

However, today I was trying to update the product in the WooCommerce Multilingual page and the save is not made. The ajax request keeps loading forever.
Additionally, if I go to the /pt page, after a few minutes, I get an 503 error.
Cleared all caches before and after this. Still the error remais.

What can be causing the 503/not saving? Can you check it out?

Thanks

April 22, 2019 at 3:05 am #3653685

joaoO-4

Hi again. That was an issue with WooCommerce 3.6.1. Something in that version is seriously broken... I've reverted it to 3.5.8 and it now works again.

As for the problem that started this thread, in the WooCommerce Multilingual I've translated the strings but now in the product page, only one of the variations appears (the first in both attributes).

Can you pelase check it out?

The product
FR: hidden link
PT: hidden link

Many thanks!

April 22, 2019 at 7:08 am #3654081

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Thanks for the update.

Please follow the below steps,

Recomended: Backup your site and database

1) Goto WooCoomerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings, Click on the troubleshooting link located at the bottom of the page

2) In the troubleshooting page select
- Update products count
- Sync products variations
- Sync product stock quantity and status

Click start, Wait for the process to complete. check whether the issue related to product variation is fixed.

Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

April 23, 2019 at 2:34 am #3659183

joaoO-4

Hello. That solved the problem. So now after I update the products, I will make run this tool to fix the problem.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!