This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tiborA 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 21, 2019 at 8:14 pm #4252939

tiborA

I would like my issue to be handled by Bobby if possible (Home › Support › User: Bobby). I've discussed this with him in the past. Can you please assign him to this ticket?

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Because I don't want to write again what I'm trying to do, the question/issue can be read here, in a previous support ticket which was closed: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-pay-in-different-currencies-based-on-language-at-checkout/

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I've implemented what I read in the documentation. The problem is at gateway, where I can't select any option. Only PayPal (which does not support Romanian LEU).

The payment provides says they support multicurrency if at checkout I give them a different currency, but this is not happening. Bot of my oders are made in Romanian LEU (with conversion from USD to LEU).

July 22, 2019 at 7:33 am #4254419

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I have assigned this ticket to Bobby - let me know if you want me to assist on this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 22, 2019 at 7:35 am #4254457

tiborA

Hi Bruno,

If you can help, of course you can also assist on this ticket.
I was asking for Bobby, because I thought it's easier to continue the subject. But a lot of time has passed till then, so let's see what we can do 🙂

July 22, 2019 at 6:07 pm #4260709

tiborA

Hello. If Bobby is not available, can somebody else help me with this, please?

July 22, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4260949

Bobby
Supporter

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

I can see the issue when i visit the site , it seems that your payment processor is not available in the secondary language.

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 22, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4261505

Bobby
Supporter

Please try again and let me know your results now

Within Woocommerce -> Settings->Payments->EuPlatesc

there is an option to choose which language to display it in; it was set to English, i set it to AUTO and that seemed to have done the trick i believe

July 23, 2019 at 5:45 am #4262697

tiborA

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for looking into it, but I'm not sure what changed. The content was loading in both languages correctly. No problem it's on auto now...but my problem is the currency.

When I checkout in English the prices are in USD. When I have to pay, this is converted to Romanian LEU (see screenshot)...which I don't want to happen. Is it because WMPL ?(which I don't really think it's the case), or the payment processor?

July 23, 2019 at 6:46 am #4263069

Bobby
Supporter

When i would try to order in the Romanian language i would not be given the option to pay with your payment processor EuPlatesc until i changed this setting.

and when i go through the payment process i am able to pay in LEU using the EuPlatesc processor

seems like the issue is only on the English checkout which is not quite an issue as the desired currency on English is USD.

being that the payment processor is Romanian i suppose this is the processor's feature and not WPML's

July 23, 2019 at 7:00 am #4263167

tiborA

Yep, I agree. I will contact them also.
As I said yesterday, I just wanted to get WPML out of the equation first.

Thanks for the support!

July 23, 2019 at 7:02 am #4263175

tiborA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!