This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by augustoI 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 6:09 pm #3666803

augustoI

I am trying to: set the default language of the website's content, so that each time the user adds a new content the taxonomy is in the default language too

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: default language the same in translation and translation of taxonomy, Italian is the correct one

Instead, I got: different language in translation and translation of taxonomy

April 24, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3672591

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

It looks like the default language of the site is Italian and the default language of the strings of the site is English. Maybe most of the generic strings will be registered in English.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2019 at 6:57 am #3679221

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Augusto,

Thank you for the login information. Those strings are registered in English. But we can change the language of the string from WPML>>String Translation.

Please visit WPML>>String Translation, then search for the string and choose it. After that, we can change the language by choosing it from the *Change the language of selected strings* drop-down field.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2019 at 8:42 am #3680187

augustoI

Hi Bigul,

thank you for your reply, however you didn't help me and I still need assistance. I already know how to switch language using String Translation, this is NOT my problem. In fact, as you can see there are several strings already translated in italian, since I had started to switch those strings language manually, but this is NOT the solution.

I ask you to pay more attention to my request please:

I need to understand why when I create a new product attribute using my default site language (italian), the system creates the label for that attribute in english, causing a language mismatch. Please refer to my first post screenshot.

I need to know how to set up te system so when I create a new product attribute, the attribute label will be created in the same language, without the need to switching it later.

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

April 25, 2019 at 11:15 am #3681629

augustoI

I really can't believe that I have to enter all the texts that go to the String Translation screen in English, and then go to manually switch the language to the default (Italian). We are developers, not translators.

Please provide some "hack" or solution to set the original language of strings to the default site language.

Thanks

April 25, 2019 at 1:26 pm #3682735

augustoI

Solved on my own by editing the domain languages.