Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client wanted to display their page on two different domains for different languages and encountered an error stating "Nicht gültig" after setting one domain as an alias of the other.

Solution:
1. We advised the client to ensure that both domains (DE: klimahotel.it and IT: climahotel.it) are pointing to the same location and that the DNS settings are correctly set up.
2. We suggested that if WPML is disabled, both domains should be accessible and lead to the main site without duplicating content, indicating that the DNS settings are correct.
3. After confirming the DNS settings, the client should re-enable WPML and proceed with the 'domain per language' configuration.
4. Upon further checking, we confirmed that despite the error when saving the settings, the 'one domain per language' feature is working correctly for the client's site.

If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, either because it's outdated or it does not apply to your situation, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please contact us through the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
March 18, 2024 at 11:53 am #15420684

georgK-5

Hello,
I would show my page in two different domains.
DE: klimahotel.it
IT: climahotel.it

I recive an error: "Nicht gültig". I have set the domain climahotel.it as an alias domain of klimahotel.it. Is that correct?
Attached you can see the error.

What can I do now?
Thank you
Cheers Petra

screenshot.jpg
March 18, 2024 at 8:24 pm #15423346

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Petra,

Thank you for contacting us.

First, I would advise that you make sure domains are set up correctly. Disable WPML plugins and visit both domains and make sure they show the same website / homepage.

Then, add the other language domain to the WPML domain per language settings and save, if it shows a not valid message, you can uncheck the 'validate' checkbox and try again. It should save fine.

Check the front end and see if it works fine.

Sometimes WPML can not validate other domains because different reasons, for example, server restrictions, domain settings, not existing SSL certificates for other domains and etc, but if after saving settings without checking Validate option, all works fine, there should not be any problems.

Please check and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Mateus

March 19, 2024 at 6:12 am #15424099

georgK-5

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. Does this mean that I have to copy the same homepage to the 2nd domain? And only then can I set it up?

I thought that I could set up the 2nd domain as a domain alias. Is that wrong?

Thank you
Cheers Petra

March 19, 2024 at 11:35 am #15425970

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Petra,

Not exactly.

When you set up the alias or parked domain correctly, if the WPML is disabled, you can access both domains and they all take you to the main site without you having to duplicate your content. Both domains have to be pointing to the same location.

It is just a sign that the DNS settings was correctly set up.

After that you can re-enable WPML and proceed with the 'domain per language' configuration.

Thank you, please let us know.
Mateus

March 21, 2024 at 6:43 am #15434340

georgK-5

Hello,

The domain climahotel.it is now created as a domain alias, when I call it up, climahotel.it appears. Is this correct?
The error in the WPML still occurs.

Thank you

March 21, 2024 at 2:33 pm #15436831

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

I checked it and despite the error when saving the settings, I checked it and the 'one domain per language' is working for your site.

The following configuration is already in place:

DE: klimahotel.it
IT: climahotel.it

Please review it and let us know if it is OK on your end as well.

Thank you,
Mateus

georgK-5 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-21 14:40:52.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.