Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by woodboardK 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
May 19, 2022 at 7:23 pm #11260433

woodboardK

I am trying to:
Access pages on the translated sites (DE and FR). Only "Home" and "Shop" are left in main menu, "Terms and Conditions" in footer menu.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link Main and footer menu translated!

After trying a lot of things, I changed the Language URL format to different languages in directories and resaved the permalinks! This worked, all sites and menus were visible again.
But after I switched back to different domain per language, same issue again.

It was working without any problems till now!

May 22, 2022 at 9:43 am #11273257

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, sorry for the late reply due to a higher workload. I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

May 22, 2022 at 10:38 pm #11274621

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Could you please check the username? I get an error message because it's not correct. (Error: The username wpml is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead.)

2) The staging site language URL format is "different languages in directories", so the menus work correctly.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

May 22, 2022 at 10:43 pm #11274623

woodboardK

Ok sorry, please login now.

2) no...

May 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm #11274625

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I've checked the staging site, but the menu works correctly. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Would you please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Osama

1.jpg
May 22, 2022 at 11:02 pm #11274649

woodboardK

I don´t understand.

This is what I see, in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and on mobile!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-23 um 00.58.59.jpg
May 22, 2022 at 11:06 pm #11274677

woodboardK

When I enter the link manually or switch to DE on one of the missing sites:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-23 um 01.04.31.png
May 22, 2022 at 11:28 pm #11274711

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. The issue only happens for non-logged-in users, so I didn't face it when I logged in.

I tested the issue in the minimal installation and found that it didn't happen. (Kindly check this hidden link)

After that, I activated the plugins one by one and tested the page, and the page worked correctly until activating the "WooCommerce B2B" plugin. Kindly check this video. (hidden link)

This plugin causes the issue. It could be a compatibility issue or a setting conflict. Would you please deactivate it temporarily on your live site to check if the issue will persist?

Best regards,
Osama

May 23, 2022 at 10:00 am #11278283

woodboardK

Hi Osama, thanks a lot.

Yes, a bad seting in the Woocommerce B2B plugin. As you are in an other user group than me, you could see it 😉

Live site is working correctly now!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.