This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 10 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 24, 2020 at 5:53 pm #5753477

marekK-11

Hi I set up website with 3 languages and 3 domains. 2 of them are working and now my server admin added third as domain pointer. It seems like the files cannot load or find the directory for this domain. hidden link This one is not working and as you can see the others are fine. I dont know if I have wrong set up or what but my server admi nsaid all is good. Thank you.

March 25, 2020 at 1:57 am #5756117

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

As far as I can see all three domains are online and accessible.

Do you have any issues with regard to the translation?

Kind regards
Andreas

March 25, 2020 at 9:14 am #5758343

marekK-11

But as you can see the webjuice.es missing stylesheet and all files. This is issue with WPML? Becuase my server admin told me all is good from his side and to contact WPML. Thanks.

March 25, 2020 at 4:06 pm #5762561

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It seems as the page is not yet translated completely while it was working fine for English and Slovenian.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

March 26, 2020 at 7:44 pm #5773383

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The Slovak Homepage ist not translated at all (0%) while the Spanish version is only translated to 72%.

Please complete the translations and the pages should appear as expected. Make sure to check all the checkbox fields after translating the text content and save the translation.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 27, 2020 at 7:53 pm #5782473

marekK-11

but its not about translation. The spanish version missing all JS and CSS files. But slovak has all. Can you please check, I am lost. Thank you.

March 28, 2020 at 1:47 am #5783161

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

We can first make conclusions when the page is translated to 100%. The translation settings are for all pages the same, which for there should not be any differences.

Now, on the bottom of each page, you will find the WPML Multilingual Content Setup.

Could it be that you took changes here, as I can see that various fields are set to "not translate"? Those settings tell WPML which fields to translate, copy or to ignore.

Further, on the right sidebar inside of the language options, there is a field for media attachments, where you will need to mark the checkboxes in order to duplicate the attached media and the featured image of the page.

I have applied a new setting now, saved the homepage and I realize that updating the pages gives a critical error.

This is most likely related to a plugin incompatibility. I then connected to your server and enabled wp_debug in your config.php file and then saved the homepage again. To my surprise, I did not find any debug.log which means that WordPress can not find any PHP errors.

I then completed the Spanish translations of the homepage to 100%. Take note that the page is not literally translated, I just wanted to complete the translation.

Now, the page content is looking good so far but the header was missing.

Also, take note that you will need to translate theme options that are coming from the Customizer with String Translation, as I can see here a Transparent Header is used. In fact, it seems that the translation worked out to Slovak and I think the issue here is the problem when updating the Original Homepage.

Usually, those theme options will need to be translated with String Translation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

But most of all, we need to find out what is causing this error, as I think it is the root of the issue.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Would it be possible to take the following tests on your website?

1) Disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons.
2) If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups.
3) This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.
4) Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Would it be possible to make those tests on the website? Otherwise, I can offer to ake a copy of the website and database.

Kind regards
Andreas