This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 8:48 pm #4146333

gianandreaV

Hello,
we're using different domain per language at generon.it

hidden link -> IT
hidden link -> EN

the old website had all english language posts under hidden link and they're indexed.
We'd like to set a htaccess RewriteRule to redirect all hidden link*** pages to hidden link however the applied rule does not work:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/en/(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*) hidden link [R=302,NC]

Any suggestions?

July 5, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4151071

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Have you used any plugin to index the secondary language pages in the old format(hidden link)? Please share more details about it for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 9, 2019 at 8:44 am #4168757

gianandreaV

i provided the debug info.
No, I haven't used any plugin to index the secondary language pages in the old format.

July 10, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4181433

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and Debug information. I have shared the details with our second tier team for the expert opinion and waiting for the feedback now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 10, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4183171

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, there will be limitations/issues if we redirect the indexed pages/posts by using htaccess rewrite rules. But as a workaround, you can https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/ plugin to redirected the posts and pages.

Please try it after a backup and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul