Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Julien 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 9, 2017 at 2:46 pm #1315192

Julien

I am trying to: configure different domain per language. The default language is French (hidden link) and the second language is English (hidden link).

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: I configured the domains in WPML with checking the "Validate on Save and without it" none of the settings worked.

Instead, I got: When the French version of the site and clicking on the language switcher for English version the site redirects to default language (French). It should load the English site (hidden link).

Steps to duplicate the issue: Simply visit hidden link and try to click on the language switcher at the top right corner of the website namely (English), you'll see it redirects to hidden link instead of loading hidden link

July 9, 2017 at 9:11 pm #1315264

kodjoK

We suffer from the same problem. We have 4 languages (.nl/.com/.de/.fr). The top option from the language switcher should point to Dutch (.nl). Instead it points to the domain you are currently in. So, if i'm in English .com, the top link that should point to .nl pants now to .com. If i'm on the german page, the top link points to .de.

You can try it here (switcher is in the footer): thermosmart.com -> try switching to Dutch (Nederlands).

July 10, 2017 at 3:16 am #1315318

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello @julien,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

I recently checked your site and it's working perfectly, so can you please confirm if the issue is solved.

@kodjok I request you to open a new ticket for your issue so we can debug this issue further.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

July 10, 2017 at 7:17 am #1315401

Julien

Hi @shekhar Bhandari,
Yes the issue is resolved. Apparently it was due to incomplete DNS propagation and SSL. Thanks !