If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 25, 2017 at 9:28 am #1441085

Jeffrey

I am using Plsek to mange my own server now. and want to setup different domains for per language. I have read https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/.
but I don't know what parked domain means in Plesk. in the interface of Plesk, there are only two options 1.add subdomain 2.add domain alias.
in my case, I would like to set two domain,
1st. hidden link redirects to hidden link has been set up in Plesk cpanel) default language
2nd. hidden link redirects to hidden link I choose, it can not be set up in plesk cpanel, because nowhere to set up the prefered domain for subdomain or alias domain. ) second language
3rd. I tried to add following piece of code to 'Additional nginx directives ', but not successful.

server {
        server_name example.com;
}

server {
        server_name example.de;

for 2nd, I may need aks Plesk support team, but if you experienced this kind of issue, please share me information if possible.

I tried to add a new domain and set the website folder as //httpdocs, it is the same as the folder of default language. but on language of WPML setting, it is not valid on 'validate on save'.

similarly I tried to add alias domain, but whatever I check or uncheck redirect with the HTTP 301 code, the second language site will redirect to default site automatically if typing site address on browser. except click language switcher on header or footer. but it is not correct. first at all, users could directly go to the site without referral I think.

if you had experience with Plesk and WPML, please troubleshooting for me,thank you so much!

November 25, 2017 at 9:31 am #1441089

Jeffrey

I got some information from plesk forum. hidden link

thank you again

November 27, 2017 at 3:04 am #1441843

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

Go to domains and create a domain alias, this is how you create a parked domain in Plesk.

I have no recent experience with Plesk but, please see if the following article from the Plesk documentation helps you do it correctly. hidden link

To check everything is working as domain alias, just upload single .txt file on the root folder and try to view that .txt file from both domains, if you can view this .txt file the domain is set up correctly, could you please perform this test and let me know if those domains are setup correctly?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 28, 2017 at 8:10 am #1443071

Jeffrey

Hi Shekhar, thank you so much for the response, I guess that domain alias I set up was correct. but do you know where can I set up the domain redirection? because on plesk I can set up only one domain alias. so I have to set www and non www redirect to a same url. I have read some article about redirecting. but I don't which folder I can put the code. Thanks again

November 28, 2017 at 8:11 am #1443072

Jeffrey

Sorry, I still need hold this ticket. 🙂

November 28, 2017 at 8:16 am #1443077

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Could you please view the following documentation and let me know if this helps?
hidden link

Thanks

November 28, 2017 at 9:21 am #1443192

Jeffrey

Hi Shekhar, Thank you for the reply, I know this, but in plesk at Domain alias, there is not a domain prefer for option, only one domain for setting, I can not set another domain alias with WWW in plesk cpanel as well , so I guess I need to set a file and upload to my host. but I can not see a folder under my site server. please check the screenshots I uploaded. Thank you!

November 29, 2017 at 3:28 am #1444284

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Since I haven't so much information about the plesk settings, could you please contact the Plesk support itself, I guess this way the problem will be solved quickly.

Thanks