Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
May 31, 2018 at 10:43 am #2255460

bilginK

Hi,

For liveandletbee.org, we followed instructions on the link bellow and activated hidden link for Turkish version of web site.

But when we use the domain without www, (arilariyasatalim.org) it lands to liveandletbee.org which is English domain.

When we use hidden link, it lands Turkish version which is OK &what we want.
We couldn't sort it out, whay does it act different for www and without www domain. Could you help?

https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Thanks!

June 1, 2018 at 6:45 pm #2262445

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you try this procedure?
1. Deactivate WPML
2. With no influence form WPML are you able to view the contents of the file license.txt from each of your domains?

e.g. If you enter the following URL in the address bar of your browser are you able to view the file?
hidden link
hidden link

Let me know what you find out.

June 3, 2018 at 12:53 pm #2265636

bilginK

Hi,

Deactivated WPML, I am able to see licence.txt. I attached screen shots.

www arilariyasatalim org license txt.png
arilariyasatalim org license txt.png
June 4, 2018 at 3:53 pm #2270339

Ricardo Alday

Thanks, can you add the following rules to your htaccess file after the WordPress section and let me know if that makes a difference.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ <em><u>hidden link</u></em>{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>
June 4, 2018 at 6:43 pm #2271336

bilginK

We added rules to .htaccess Now, flags not working, we can not switch between Turkish & English using flags. English domain also not working, it redirect to Turkish one. Macedonian domain became something like: hidden link and of course, page not found. We removed the rule then.

June 4, 2018 at 7:06 pm #2271470

Ricardo Alday

I just checked your site again and found that hidden link and hidden link both load the Turkish site but now hidden link also redirects to the Turkish site.
Do you have any other redirect rules or DNS redirects setup?

June 5, 2018 at 2:17 pm #2275800

bilginK

Hi,

There is none other redirection.

I am looking for a solution as soon as possible. Thank you

June 5, 2018 at 4:38 pm #2276543

Ricardo Alday

Well, something else must have changed because hidden link was originally loading the English site not it redirects to the Turkish site. You said you removed the htaccess rules that I sent you so that should not be affecting it.
According to this tool: hidden link
liveandletbee.org, hidden link, and arilariyasatalim.org all have 301 redirects to hidden link

You need to remove the redirects for liveandletbee.org and hidden link wherever they are. Could be a server setting or plugin, I'm not sure.

June 6, 2018 at 9:31 am #2279181

bilginK

Sorry, just found out we didn't removed .htaccess that time. Now It is removed, everything is like what I told in my first post. There is no other redirect as our tech guy says.

June 6, 2018 at 8:31 pm #2309217

Ricardo Alday

Using the same tool: hidden link
It says that arilariyasatalim.org has a 301 redirect to hidden link (see attachment)

hidden link has no redirection so it loads the Turkish site as expected. You need to remove that 301 for arilariyasatalim.org

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 3.28.56 PM.png

The topic ‘[Closed] Different domains per language not working without www’ is closed to new replies.