This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by José Arcos 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: José Arcos.

Author Posts
May 19, 2018 at 4:45 am #2193047

Tsuyoshi

I'd like to add Japanese language on some part of current English site. But the current home page (hidden link) is a selector of two facilities. Each facility has own sub home page (hidden link and hidden link). I just need additional language only for /aaa/. So I'd like to show the contents of hidden link on the URL of hidden link.

I tried to add following rule on .htaccess but it doesn't work.

RewriteRule ^(jp|jp/)$ jp/aaa

Please let me know any suggestions.

May 22, 2018 at 8:37 am #2205927

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

Do you have a multisite or a normal installation? If you have a normal installation you only have to translate the pages that you want to show in both languages, and left the other untranslated.
I see that you have a wrong permalink structure on your site, including index.php file in the permalinks. You need to fix that before configure a new permalink structure. Of course, you don't need to rewrite anything with .htaccess, just select the option Different languages per directories in WPML -> Languages to write the language name in the URL, like the example you wrote, and translate the pages.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.