This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 2:52 pm #2800555

davidR-5

Hi, I'm using URL Coupons plugin for WooCommerce, I have a product already translated in Italian, let's say hidden link with several variations, but when I visit the url generated to apply the coupon (hidden link for example) it goes to the English checkout. Any idea to solve this?

October 10, 2018 at 7:13 am #2803155

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

first of all, I'd ask you to update WPML to our latest version and to fix a couple of minimum requirements missing:

1. The MySQL version should be at least 5.6 while you have 5.5. You can try asking your hosting if it's possible to update it.

2. The WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

From your plugin list, I don't see WooCommerce Multilingual, our bridge plugin for WooCommerce. It's an error or there is a reason for that? If you don't have it installed I'd try to download it first and see if the error is fixed.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

October 10, 2018 at 3:01 pm #2804911

davidR-5

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer. I did all the adjustments you advised but, unfortunately, neither solved the issue. Also, I'm not sure what approach to follow, because on the production site we dont even translate the products, but if you add the string &lang=it (example.com/?add-to-cart=3000&lang=it for example) to the URL this automatically redirects to the Italian checkout page. I need to achieve the same behavior but with the coupon URL. I also tried to add the lang=it string at the end of the coupon URL but it doesn't work. It goes to 404. Any help would be very much appreciated

October 11, 2018 at 1:50 pm #2808523

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

this could be a compatibility issue of the plugin. I have a couple of ideas for you to try:

1. try changing the Language URL format in WPML -> Languages from parameter to directories. We don't recommend using parameters on production sites and maybe having it messed the coupon URLs.

2. do this compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WooCommerce, WooCommerce URL Coupons, WPML, and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

If you still have the issue even with plugins deactivated, we'll try reproducing it on a fresh installation and eventually pass the issue to the compatibility team.

The topic ‘[Closed] Different Language checkout with URL Coupons for WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.