Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 11, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4738387

garyM-10

I am trying to:Get the contacts in my mailchimp audience lists depending on the language at checkout.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:contacts are added to the lists considered for different languages in checkout

Instead, I got:all contact are going to a single list.

October 11, 2019 at 11:48 pm #4741317

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please review the Solution provided in the following thread and let me know your results :

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/choose-different-mailchimp-list-by-langage/#post-3052581

October 14, 2019 at 10:27 am #4748979

garyM-10

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the link. but we are using the plugin WooCommerce MailChimp in our site.

October 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4752367

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Please try the following as a first option as it would be the most simple way to get this done:

On the top bar, you can change the page language. Have you checked if changing the language you can select another mailing list?

If that does not work please try the steps below and let me know your results:

1. Go to WooCommerce->Settings->MailChimp->Congfigure it and select a List
2. Go to WPML->String Translation->Translate texts in admin screens » Look for
"ss_wc_mailchimp_list" ->select it and add to String Translation.(screenshot)
3. Go to your MailChimp account->Access your audience/lists ->select your desired list and click on "Settings"->scroll to the bottom and find the UNIQUE ID for the List. (screenshot)
4. Take the unique id to String Translation and add it for the translation of your ID that already exists.

As WPML does not offer a feature for this the above is a workaround I was able to find for the specific plugin you are using. If this does not work I recommend testing the plugin described in the first solution which is MailChimp for WP.

October 15, 2019 at 11:58 am #4757005

garyM-10

We have tried the method as you suggested. but unfortunately when we trying to Translate texts in admin screens it is taking a long time loading and ends up in unresponsive page. and its not appearing in the string translation lists.

October 15, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4759921

Bobby
Supporter

Try the following please:

1. Go to WPML->Settings->Custom XML Configuration
2. Add the xml below and save:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="ss_wc_mailchimp_list"/>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

3. Visit your String Translation Dashboard and you should be able to see the string now.

The topic ‘[Closed] Different Mailchimp list in Woocommerce checkout (depending on language)’ is closed to new replies.