This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 22, 2018 at 1:42 am #2756704

dominikm-13

Im using a theme "wpresidence". I already transalted Agents in dashboad, so that every language has its version. But on agent's page the picture is not showed. Also on home page, where random agent profiles are showed, there is no agent photo showed.
The similar problem I have with properties. I already translated some properties, but there are neeither showed on map not showed on homepage where random properties are showed.

Also the menu in some languages is missing a part or it shows orignal language name insead of thanslated.

Please give me some clues becasue im new to WPML.
thank you
dominik

September 24, 2018 at 7:04 pm #2761644

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please go to WPML->Settings->Post Types Translation and set Media to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"

let me know your results with the media for the Agents and Properties after changing this setting.

September 26, 2018 at 3:51 am #2765917

dominikm-13

No, nothing has changed. I can give you the info the enter the WP.

September 26, 2018 at 7:46 pm #2768536

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

the settings have changed and they will take effect in any new agents/properties you create but for now since the translations have been already added please go to Agents->Edit-> check the box for
"Duplicate uploaded media to translations and Duplicate featured image to translations"

then update the page.

once you have done that go through your translations by clicking on the "pencil " icon and updating them as well..

afterwards you should be able to see the featured agent image.

additionally i also encourage you to test manually adding the images as well by going to Agenets ->Edit agents -> switch language using the language switcher and then editing the Agent within the WP editor , being able to assign a feaatured image and verifying that the correct properties are also assigned in the translation since you cannot do that when using the advanced translation editor.

September 28, 2018 at 2:23 am #2772227

dominikm-13

sorry, i dont know what you are talking about. IT is the first time i use WPML. I dont know where is <<<<<Agents->Edit-> "Duplicate uploaded media to translations and Duplicate featured image to translations">>>>> Ive loked for it and dint find it. If you can check it i can give you my account credentials.

September 28, 2018 at 11:01 pm #2774927

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Agents tab is going to be the tab for your agents through your theme , its on the main WP sidebar

please go and edit your Agents and their translations by taking the steps mentioned above

"Agents ->Edit agents -> switch language using the language switcher and then editing the Agent within the WP editor , being able to assign a feaatured image and verifying that the correct properties are also assigned in the translation since you cannot do that when using the advanced translation editor."

you have 3 Agents currently on your site, this is what i am refering to , not an option within WPML.

if you are still having trouble with these steps please provide me with access to your site and i will take screenshots or a video of me doing these steps

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] different part of the web to be translated’ is closed to new replies.