Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Nikita 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alex.A.

Author Posts
July 31, 2013 at 3:39 pm #150582

david

hello,

I saw some discussion about it but no clear answer or solution?

Is it possible to have different Payments Gateways for different languages?
Last say I have 2 different paypal accounts and I want to use one of them to English language checkout and the other for Australian language checkout.

Or paypal and Mijireh Checkout for English language checkout
And just Cash on Delivery for Australian language checkout
??

Thanks
David

July 31, 2013 at 4:40 pm #150607

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear David,

Yes, you can, but you need to know exactly what are the payment methods you want to use.

For example, if you do not want to use paypal in France:

function wpml_filter_gateways($gateways){
     if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'fr') //Checks if the selected language is French.
          unset($gateways['paypal']); //"remove" paypal

return $gateways; //returns the other payment methods.
}
add_filter('woocommerce_available_payment_gateways','wpml_filter_gateways',1);

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

July 31, 2013 at 6:30 pm #150638

david

Dear bruno,
Thank you again for your replay.

What I need is..
To have 2 different paypal accounts, and to use one of them to English language checkout and the other for Australian language checkout.

I use different domain per language in the site
hidden link
hidden link

Best regards,
david

August 1, 2013 at 8:57 am #150807

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

David,

Where did you see a discussion about this? Could you locate the link for me?

The code Bruno provided would work in situations where for example you want PayPal to be used for one language and a different payment gateway altogether e.g. Bank Transfer for another language.

What you are looking for is slightly different and I have to gather some more info on the subject starting with the link to the previous discussion you are referring to.

Thank you.

August 2, 2013 at 11:40 am #151321

david

hi sarah,

Bruno code looks Very good, i did not try it yet.

and you are Right that I am looking for slightly different thing:
To have 2 different paypal standart accounts for 2 different languages.

this is the discussion i am referring to:
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/different-paypal-accounts/
no answer there.

thank you,
david

August 8, 2013 at 7:07 am #152945

david

dear sarah,

did you find more info on the subject?

thank you
david

August 30, 2013 at 11:27 am #159174

melissa

URGENT -
I have just discovered a major problem and we were supposed to launch this weekend.

I have AliPay (china's version of PayPal) and PayPal installed on my site. Alipay does not accept any currency other than CNY and Paypal will handle almost all currencies except RMB so when it comes to checkout it translates the CNY amount directly into USD ie CNY 1234 = USD$1234.

I just saw this post and I have some hope that it may still be possible to go ahead with launch. Is it possible to disable AliPay for English language (and thus the USD currency)? The problem is that AliPay deactivates as soon as i enable multi-currency.

September 2, 2013 at 8:57 am #159750

Alex.A

Dear Melissa,
this is new functionality, which we will be adding soon.
At the moment, it is not supported.

I'll let you know when we implement this functionality.

Thank you,
Alex

September 22, 2013 at 1:58 pm #267293

david

alex,

do you mean you will be adding soon.. this

To have 2 different paypal accounts, and to use one of them to English language checkout and the other for Australian language checkout.

thank you
david

September 24, 2013 at 1:05 pm #268296

Alex.A

Hi David,
yes we have moved this issue in list for next release.

October 9, 2013 at 7:56 am #274502

david

so is it possible to have different Payments Gateways for different languages? in WooCommerce 3.0 and WPML 2.9.3 Released??

and if yes so Where?.

thanks,
david

October 9, 2013 at 1:47 pm #274765

Alex.A

Hi David,
sorry, but it is not supported yet.

We have added your suggestion in task list for next release.

October 28, 2013 at 3:29 pm #283211

Nikita

Bruno's code seems fine to me, but where should I insert it? (I have some little programming skill)

I am also highly interested in different gateways for different languages. The option to choose available payment methods for different languages is what I need for my site. Also would be nice to have different sorting of payment methods (I mean sequence which payment method displays higher)

The topic ‘[Closed] different Payments Gateways for different languages’ is closed to new replies.