This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 22, 2018 at 9:54 am #2429055

Rune

We need to be able to sell products to different countries in the EU. Each country has a different price, but they all use the same currency.

For instance,
Germany = 1 EUR
France = 1.2 EUR
Italy = 1.1 EUR
and so on ..

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've been unable to find any documentation regarding this scenario.
I can see that if I disable the WPML multi-currency editor and instead use WordPress' editor to edit the products Then change from default language, to another - Then the prices for the currencies are locked.
That is, I can edit the price in EUR on the default language, but not for the others.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not that I can come up with. It seems like an edge case.

What is the link to your site?
sand.worksonline.dk

Possible solutions!
Is it possible to add countries/currencies to the multi-currency tab under WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual?

Is it possible to unlock the product fields for the different countries?

June 22, 2018 at 11:46 am #2429243

Rune

It seems that if I am able to unlock the read-only fields, I can enter unique prices for the other EU countries?

June 24, 2018 at 7:07 pm #2431513

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm sorry, but currently, it is not possible to set different prices in the same currency for different countries with WooCommerce Multilingual.

We have a feature request for this option, and I'm adding another voice in your name for that in our internal documentation.

When exactly or even if our developers will release this feature is not up-to us Supporters to determine. Each issue reported in is taken seriously into consideration. It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors. Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

I'll keep you updated here for any news on this issue.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

July 21, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4252657

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm going over old tickets, and according to our internal documentation, I can see that our developers have decided not to implement this feature request. Our developer writes:
"The simple way how to do what a user wants it's set different taxes or shipping for countries and it will be more correct"

I'm closing here for now. Please open a new ticket in our forum with any WPML issue and will be happy to assist.

Best Regards,
Itamar.