No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 4:12 pm #3666047

Noman Khan

What are you trying to translate?
i am using ALL IN ONE SEO plugin. i want to create a Different sitemaps per language but i don't know how to do it

What are you seeing? (please include a screenshot)

What's missing or not working for you?
i have sitemap.xml on root but now i want different sitemap.xml for every language
for example
hidden link for en language
hidden link for es language

can you please guide me?

April 24, 2019 at 5:37 am #3669369

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

You can find the information needed in order to translate your site with All in one SEO on the following link:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/translating-all-in-one-seo/

For your particular question, usually you shouldn't create a different sitemap when you are using a URL format with languages per directory. If you still have doubts about it, I recommend you to contact your SEO plugin author or open a ticket in our technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés

April 25, 2019 at 8:27 am #3680079

Noman Khan

I have a query related to sitemap.xml file for each respective language. I want to create a folder on root path for each language, for example "es" for spanish which will contain sitemap.xml file for that language so that if any user tries to access sitemap file via below mentioned URL it can be access easily.

hidden link

But the Problem is when I am creating a folder on root with name of "es" having sitemap.xml file, above mentioned link starts working but rest of the Spanish "es" website become inaccessible.

Please suggest a solution to keep different sitemap.xml on root folder so that it become accessible for each language.

April 25, 2019 at 9:01 am #3680335

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development, So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.