This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.13 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 2:10 pm #2796356

Norbert Kocsis

I am trying to set different VAT for different language on a developing site.

I am searching for an option to set: if language is english, then the VAT is __.

The main problem that I would like to fix is: when an inland customer browses the shop he should see full prices incl. VAT. However a foreign customer should see NET prices as they want to pay taxes in his/her own country.

So this is my problem:
- Hungarian (inland) customer should see prices with VAT
- Foreign customers should see NET prices and be charged only on the checkout page.

October 9, 2018 at 1:21 pm #2800143

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

by default this is not possible, and not because of WPML but because WooCommerce doesn't allow it. You only have the choice to show prices with or without taxes, and not by language.

Probably you could achieve what you want with some custom coding, but we cannot provide support for that. If you wish, you may try contacting one of our WPML contractors: https://wpml.org/contractors/