This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4316289

reimundK

I am trying to: Have the same Avada Theme Options and website settings in all my different translations / languages, that means the same settings, such as fonts etc. synchronized through all WPML Languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link, simply select English in the upper right menu and see the differences on all pages.

I expected to see: Same settings, Theme Options, Menus, fonts, colors, header designs, media after translating German (main language) to English.

Instead, I got: Different settings, different colors, fonts as if the site has been restored to defaults. This is not intended and planned.

Is there any way to synchronize the main language's theme options, settings etc. to other languages with WPML to save me a lot of work. I hope I don't need to manually change every page or portfolio item.

Thank you!
Reimund

July 31, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4317375

reimundK

Hi Itamar,

I contacted my hosting service and the support increased the memory limit for WordPress to the maximum amount I have. Please let me know if this helps and how we can proceed now.

Thank you!

Regards,
Reimund

August 1, 2019 at 5:03 am #4318753

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Reimund,

I will continue resolving your issue.

Reading your post it seems you need the same theme options for all language but you are getting different theme settings. Correct me if I am wrong.

In Avada, you can choose different theme options for each language. To override the settings in the theme options page, select All Languages from the dropdown In the Language Switcher on the top WP Admin panel.

– Once you’ve selected All Languages from the dropdown, the theme options for all the languages will be replaced by the default language you have set in WPML options. Once you make changes to any theme option, that change will be applied to all WPML languages.

Reference : hidden link

I hope this helps you resolve the theme options issue.

Kind regards
Raja

August 1, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4323337

reimundK

Hi Raja,

Thank you for your help. Your instruction helped already but isn't there any better way to do this? Once I switch to all languages and klick on Theme Options (or another page on my site etc.) the setting always reverts to my main language (German) instead of all languages. This can be annoying when changing many things.

I don't know if that's possible but it would be super helpful if I have the option to synchronize my current Theme Options settings from German (Main Language) to all other languages, that means it should overwrite all settings from any language, except German, in order to replace them with my dedicated "main settings". Please let me know if there is such a method available via WPML. Now I don't have any memory limits on my URL any more, so any "difficult" tasks are possible. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Reimund

August 2, 2019 at 6:49 am #4327265

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Quoting your reply

Once I switch to all languages and klick on Theme Options (or another page on my site etc.) the setting always reverts to my main language (German) instead of all languages.

This means the options are synchronized to the default language unless it is changed for each language. This behaves the same way as you have requested. However, there is no option to keep the settings locked or prevent updating from other languages.

To keep the options synchronized always update the theme option switching to All language from the wp-admin language selector

I hope this clarifies your better.

Kind regards
Raja