This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 12:35 pm

kamilK-6

Hi,

One attribute of the Polish language is assigned to several values in English.
Look at the attachment.

Therefore, I can not do it by translating the value of the attribute.

Can I display various attributes in Polish and English?

Regards

July 12, 2019 at 4:21 pm #4200443

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please share me the URLs of the Product having this issue for a better understanding.

We can create different terms for a Product Attribute in English and Polish. But in the case of Product variations, it will be copied to the translation normally. Please check the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-categories-tags-attributes-and-custom-taxonomies

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-variations

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 15, 2019 at 6:44 am #4207471

kamilK-6

Hi, thanks for the answer.

How can I add a new product attribute in English only?
All fields are blocked, look.
hidden link

For example this product: hidden link

Regards!

July 15, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4211099

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. By default, the product variations are synced from the original language Products to its translations. So to edit the product variations of Translated Products we have to translate the Products manually. Please try the following steps after a full site backup.

1) Open a Product for edit in Polish
2) Scroll to Language widget on the right side of the screen
3) Click on *ON* button
4) Choose *All Products* option of the Popup box and click on *Apply* button
5) Then open the Product translation for edit and check you can edit the variations or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 16, 2019 at 11:57 am #4219947

kamilK-6

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I turned off WPML’s Translation Editor but I still can not edit attributes, they are blocked.
See in some product.

Regards.

July 16, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4223135

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. One doubt. Have you made any changes in the Product settings? Because variable Products are not listing when I filter for it. Please check the attached image.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 17, 2019 at 6:15 am #4226073

kamilK-6

Hi, we haven't variable products.
We have only simple products with attributes.
Regards

July 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4232995

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have checked about this issue with our team. There are limitations to edit the Product Attributes of translated Products. Because WooCommerce Multilingual Sync it from the original Products.

So workaround you can try the following and let me know your feedback.

a) Create Products in secondary language independently(not as translation)

Or

b) Deactivate WooCommerce Multilingual and update the Product Attributes, then activate WooCommerce Multilingual again. Please note, it will change again if WooCommerce Multilingual is active and you will be editing the original language Product

--
Thanks!

Bigul