This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 4:49 am #4662325

williV

I am trying to: Download bought files in different languages from my webshop

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: buying process after successfully paying for the products

I expected to see: A downloadable file

Instead, I got: a page with Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/woocommerce_uploads/... on this server.

Extra information:
I have a webshop setup in different languages. When I want to buy a product in for example BE language. I can successfully pay for the products, I receive an email for the order. When I complete the order in the backend, I first get a service unavailable. But when I refresh it works fine. (This is the first step where it goes wrong in my opinion), I do not receive my order completed email. When I try to see my invoice in the my orders page, I can only view the order bu the button for the invoice isn't appearing.

When I try to click the download links in my profile page, then I receive an error message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/woocommerce_uploads/...

Thanks for looking into this.

September 30, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4666115

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

This sounds like a wrong file access configuration. Which CHMOD does the uploads folder currently have? WordPress recommends 755 for /uploads.

Doc: https://wordpress.org/support/article/changing-file-permissions/

Best Marcel

October 2, 2019 at 7:17 am #4677431

williV

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback but all file/folder permissions are set to 755 but the downloads still don't work.
Any other feedback?
Thanks.

rgds,
Willi

October 2, 2019 at 10:40 am #4679239

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks,

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Marcel

October 3, 2019 at 9:06 am #4686037

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Willi,

Thanks for the info. I was able to reproduce the issue also without WPML.

When you try to download the product, the URL get redirected to hidden link and cause the 403 error there.

So it's not caused by WPML. I would recommend you to check the server settings of this additional domain.

Best Marcel

October 3, 2019 at 10:02 am #4686675

williV

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for looking into this again and your support.
It seems none of the product received a correct url after the migration to the test environment.
Is this something I can change because when I change the urls of the downloadable product to the correct one (i.e. hidden link) it still remains forbidden.
Not sure what I can do to enable the access in this case?

Thanks a lot for your continued support.

rgds,
Willi

October 3, 2019 at 5:52 pm #4690493

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Willi,

in this case, you would need to change the URLs in your database. If I access this file now directly from here, I can open it. Please note that I can't detect here any issue from WPML, so maybe your web hoster can help you debug this.

Best Marcel

October 6, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4702729

williV

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!